What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance. Heroine is hiding aspects of her true nature. There's a shooting event at a house party and the Hero encourages to stop holding back and she proves to be a great shot.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Briana Hicks (new)

Briana Hicks | 9 comments Regency or Victorian, MAYBE going into Edwardian Era. England.
Probably read in the past 5 or so years, book felt like it was probably written in the last 10-15 years.
I don't recall why but the Heroine is going out of her way to seem ordinary or not to draw attention to herself. During a shooting event at a house (house party in the country maybe?) the Hero notices that she's deliberately aiming off target and challenges her to show off her actual skill, which she does. Literally the only scene I remember.

message 2: by Froggirl (new)

Froggirl | 24 comments Rings a bell. Have you tried any of Julie garwood books.

message 3: by Briana Hicks (new)

Briana Hicks | 9 comments Froggirl wrote: "Rings a bell. Have you tried any of Julie garwood books."

I'm not familiar with the name and reading the little plot summaries for her historical romances didn't ring any bells either.

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Do you remember if she's shooting arrows or a gun?
I have a vague recollection of a shooting competition with bow and arrows in At the Bride Hunt Ball and it is set during a house party kind of thing but I don't have a solid enough grasp on the details to remember if the h is deliberately missing or anything. It just came to mind reading your thread.

message 5: by Briana Hicks (new)

Briana Hicks | 9 comments Aerulan wrote: "Do you remember if she's shooting arrows or a gun?
I have a vague recollection of a shooting competition with bow and arrows in At the Bride Hunt Ball and it is set during a house pa..."

My initial instinct says it was definitely a gun.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments I think that Connie Brockway had a book like this. Just can't remember the title.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Possible reasons for why she hides her ability to shoot - she's a spy? she's pretending to be someone else? she's hiding from a threat? she doesn't want to embarrass a male aristocrat?

message 8: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 540 comments I believe it is Until You by Judith McNaught.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann | 530 comments I remember target shooting scenes in these books:

Almost Heaven

To Sir Phillip, With Love