Discourse in a Digital Age discussion

Guernsey and the Literary & Potato Peel Society

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments I just watched the movies of this on Netflix. We read this I think when Lucy was the leader of the book club. I really enjoyed the movie.

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments I just saw a notice of the film on Goodreads, and here you've already watched it! Yes, we did it in bk club, and it remains one of my all-time favorite books. And with half the cast of Downton Abbey, how could the movie fail? Only wished they'd released it in theaters so we could've all gone together.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments Lucy wrote: "I just saw a notice of the film on Goodreads, and here you've already watched it! Yes, we did it in bk club, and it remains one of my all-time favorite books. And with half the cast of Downton Abbe..."

I know.

message 4: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments I watched the film this afternoon with girlfriends, and really loved it. Good acting, they stuck very close to the book, and the setting was so picturesque (just wish it'd actually been filmed on Guernsey). I did miss all the letters between Juliet & Dawsey and others in the Society.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments I didn't realize it was not filmed on Guernsey. But I agree the setting was perfect. Just what I thought it would look like.