New Adult Book Club discussion

Helena Hunting
This topic is about Helena Hunting
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Helena Hunting Q&A

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Helena Hunting Q&A

Helena Hunting joins us this week for our weekly Q&A. Helena is the author of the bestselling series Shacking Up, Pucked and Clipped Wings.

The Good Luck Charm is her latest book and it is on the shelves now.

Fire away your questions for Helena here.

message 2: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ | 71 comments What do you love to do to relax? And how do you come up with these names because some of them are pretty special!? I love Randy! Thank you for writing these amazing stories and for sharing them with us! <3 xo

message 3: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must have" when you get into writing mode?

message 4: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Helena,
How do you overcome writer’s block?

Carol | tilthelastpage | 0 comments Are you a reader or a writer first? And personally, what's your 'recipe' for a good romance story?
Thank you for sharing your stories with us! xoxo

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenkoo) | 47 comments What’s your favourite book this year?

message 7: by Christa (new)

Christa Goettl | 42 comments How do you come up with the characters?

Daniela (danis_bookpourri) | 27 comments Which book (as a reader) would you like to read for the first time again?
Which book (as a writer) would you have loved to write.

message 9: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 10: by Siddhi (new)

Siddhi Nigam | 71 comments Who is your go to rom-com author??

message 11: by Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? (last edited Aug 12, 2018 12:26PM) (new)

Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? What is your favorite candy?

Brittney Carmichael | 8 comments Who’s an author you fan girl over?

message 13: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Steffi wrote: "What do you love to do to relax? And how do you come up with these names because some of them are pretty special!? I love Randy! Thank you for writing these amazing stories and for sharing them wit..."

I usually read to relax, or we go tubing on the river near my house in the summer, spend time at the cottage, hang out with friends by the pool--that kind of thing.

For Randy specifically I wanted Violet to be able to call him Horny Nut Sac, but then when I wrote his book I needed to make it slightly less ridiculous, so he became Randy Ballistic. For The Shacking Up series I wanted Last Names for first names for the guys, so I have Bancroft, Lexington and Pierce . . . so far anyway ;)

message 14: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "must have" when you get into writing mode?"

Coffee. Always coffee and music!

message 15: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Betul wrote: "Hi Helena,
How do you overcome writer’s block?"

Hi there!
I usually have very intense outlines--5-10k long, so that helps with the writers block because I already know where the story is going. Sometimes I'll take a break and write something different if I'm struggling with a scene though.

message 16: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Carol wrote: "Are you a reader or a writer first? And personally, what's your 'recipe' for a good romance story?
Thank you for sharing your stories with us! xoxo"

I was always a reader, from the time I could read the written word I had my nose in a book. I love romance with angst and characters with battles and challenges to overcome. I love broken characters and a happily ever after!

message 17: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Karen wrote: "What’s your favourite book this year?"

hmmm. That's a tough one. I've read a lot of books I love. I think it depends on the genre, because it would vary depending on which genre I'm reading.

message 18: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Christa wrote: "How do you come up with the characters?"

Usually they're inspired by something I've heard or seen, maybe a news story or an event or a situation that someone has mentioned. I'll take that idea and form a character--what's their backstory, where did they come from, what obstacles have been in their way, who and what have created dissension for them and what traits allow them to overcome that obstacle.

message 19: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Daniela wrote: "Which book (as a reader) would you like to read for the first time again?
Which book (as a writer) would you have loved to write."

I wish I could read the BDB series for the first time again. I loved that so much. And The Wicked Lovely series.

message 20: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments J. wrote: "If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Hmm. From someone else's book--Vicious. I'd like to see what it's like to be in his head for day.

message 21: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Siddhi wrote: "Who is your go to rom-com author??"

I have more than one. I love Debra Anastasia, Jana Aston and Emma Chase.

message 22: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? wrote: "What is your favorite candy?"

I love maple fudge or maple sugar candy. I would consider it a food group if I could.

message 23: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Brittney Carmichael wrote: "Who’s an author you fan girl over?"

Penelope Douglas. I tried to keep it together at Apollycon when we were on a panel together, but I think I was an idiot.

message 24: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What's the most challenging part when you write a book?

message 25: by CJ Villacote (new)

CJ Villacote ♡ Ceej Bookshelves ♡ (cjvillacote) | 52 comments What do you love to do, aside from writing? Thank you 😘

message 26: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Hi from Brazil!!!
I looooove your books!!! And I'm waiting (im)patiently for Pucked Love!!
do you plan on writing more on Pucked series after Pucked Love??

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 28: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Lilley (lilleyloohlah) | 130 comments Hi Helena
From the first Pucked you’ve made me an NHL fan (I’m UK, so hockey is a lot slower over here). I saw my first live NHL game this year (Boston). I’m going to Apollycon in March and I’ve booked tickets for 2 Caps games. I’m hooked and I love so many of the teams 💕 Which is your favourite team?
Pam xxx

message 29: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Cannavina | 57 comments Was writing your dream growing up?

message 30: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Carolina wrote: "What's the most challenging part when you write a book?"

Content editing for sure! It's the most time consuming and tedious part of writing a book because it's where we pick apart the story and smooth things out, make sure there aren't any plot holes or character issues. Sometimes we end up having rewrites as a result, but the story is always so much better once we've done a good content edit.

message 31: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Cj wrote: "What do you love to do, aside from writing? Thank you 😘"

I have a ten year old daughter who loves to craft so we do a lot of that! We make swag sometimes together, particularly bracelets and that kind of stuff which is so fun! I like to read (probably not a surprise) and run, spend time outdoors and be with my family and friends.

message 32: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "Hi from Brazil!!!
I looooove your books!!! And I'm waiting (im)patiently for Pucked Love!!
do you plan on writing more on Pucked series after Pucked Love??"

Hi there! Thanks so much, the Pucked crew feel a lot like a family in my brain, so I love that you love them and you're excited for Pucked Love! I won't write more books under the Pucked title, but that doesn't mean I won't write a spin off!

message 33: by Helena (last edited Aug 15, 2018 04:43AM) (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite authors?"

I have so many! Debra Anastasia, LJ Shen, Penelope Douglas, Daisy Prescott, Ruth Clampett, Liv Morris, K. Bromberg, Jana Aston, EL James, JR Ward, Stephanie Meyer, Melissa Marr and this list goes on!

message 34: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Pamela wrote: "Hi Helena
From the first Pucked you’ve made me an NHL fan (I’m UK, so hockey is a lot slower over here). I saw my first live NHL game this year (Boston). I’m going to Apollycon in March and I’ve bo..."

OMG! I'll see you at Apollycon! The Cap killed it this year which was amazing, especially up against Vegas who really did amazing things considering it was their first year. I love hockey, it's such an incredible sport. I love Chicago, but I also always root for Toronto (even though they struggle, but they have a great team now, so fingers crossed this season is a good one for them). I'll be seeing a game in Vegas this year and I'm so excited about that!

message 35: by Sentranced (new)

Sentranced Jem (sentrancedjem) | 61 comments Any comfort read books? A book you turn to again and again when you just need to escape reality

message 36: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Jemima wrote: "Any comfort read books? A book you turn to again and again when you just need to escape reality"

Totally! I love to reread Lover Awakened by JR Ward. It's just so full of feels and it's such a sexy, intense book. I also like to listen to audio books before bed, mostly ones I've already heard before so I don't lose track of a new one!

message 37: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments Who are your favorite authors who do not write the same genre as you?

message 39: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Irma wrote: "If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?"

Keep writing and editing and reading and don't be afraid to share your words <3

message 40: by Helena (new)

Helena Hunting (helenahunting) | 134 comments Emily wrote: "Who are your favorite authors who do not write the same genre as you?"

JR Ward for Paranormal, Ann Marie MacDonald is women's fiction, Wally Lamb, also fiction, women/literary. Melissa Marr for YA paranormal and Stephanie Meyer as well!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.