Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Author Chat! > Look at this

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Carole wrote: "https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon..."

That's awful. These poor men have worked so hard on their books and, because they have been successful, Amazon decides to shut them down without even discussing with them. :/

message 3: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes I really don't understand how this happens. Surely there must be a logical explanation?

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 43 comments This is so sad, unfair, and discouraging. What is going on with Amazon?

message 5: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Ik they're trying to look out fir illegal activity, but couldn't they look out for verified purchased? :\

Hope they'll have a petition to unbanned them. That's sad...

message 6: by C. (new)

C. Gold | 62 comments I'd be cautious about taking sides when we don't know all the facts about the case. Sure, they claim innocence, that doesn't mean they are.

message 7: by Mark (last edited Aug 13, 2018 11:05AM) (new)

Mark Kloss (markkloss) | 46 comments I keep hearing weird things about Amazon lately...worrying!

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments C. wrote: "I'd be cautious about taking sides when we don't know all the facts about the case. Sure, they claim innocence, that doesn't mean they are."

Unfortunately, Amazon has an established history of using a shotgun approach to problem-solving that is more likely to hit an innocent person than a guilty one.

message 9: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Are wonder if they're doing a petition, what with Amazon's doing.

message 10: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments We haven’t got all the facts to know if these authors were involved in something that somehow gamed the system. It’s very ‘he said, she said’. I would like to hear that Amazon gives reasons for kicking authors out rather than just deciding it’s their right to do so.

message 11: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments That's true. But didn't the other author said that Amazon didn't send an email the reason why they bamned him? I wonder if they could ask if they reviewed verfied purchases.

message 12: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Amazon aren’t always well known for explaining themselves in some of these cases. I may have misread the article but I was under the impression the authors are exclusive to Amazon and therefore getting page read royalty payments as well as royalties from sold copies. I’m not saying those authors were guilty of it but others have used book stuffing to game that system and get an unfair share of the royalties.

message 13: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Ah, I see

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread