Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph Wow. That's disturbing.
It seems Amazon should be able to tell which authors are rigging it in their favor. Hacking maybe? No matter what, it's not good.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments I don't like the fact that Amazon won't explain the reasoning behind their decisions, nor that you apparently can't sue them - I'm not even sure how it is possible for them to simply declare that you can't sue them if they screw you over, surely that would be for a court to decide.

message 4: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1734 comments One more reason not to sign up for KDP Select. The contractual inability to sue is commonplace these days. Many companies put arbitration clauses into their contracts or terms of service in an attempt to avoid the expense of lawsuits when things go wrong. In the U.S., there is a Federal Arbitration Action that states arbitration clauses apply in cases of maritime commerce or commerce crossing state lines. The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the legality of the act (if I understand right). Unfortunately, these clauses are often forced upon parties wishing to do business with a company. You don't have the ability to discuss or suggest changes to Amazon's terms of service. You either play by their rules or you don't play at all.

message 5: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Well I’m never going exclusive again. One book, no bonus material at the end and sales (hopefully) only. No page reads here.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread