Around the World discussion

2018 - Personal Lists > Heather's Travels

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 20, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

Heather Here's my traveling itinerary:

Australia: Force of Nature, I absolutely loved The Dry, by the same author, so I'm taking a second trip! Completed

Greece: Circe This book/trip is so popular, I've waited several weeks on a hold list at the library.

England: The Clockmaker's Daughter. A new release from one of my favorite authors.

Japan: The Housekeeper and the Professor. Totally new adventure, new author and new country.

USA: Water's Edge. My neighborhood book club members are all going to Atlanta, Georgia. Completed

USA: INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main. Going to sunny California and visiting a favorite author.

message 2: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 1973 comments Mod
Great list, Heather. Jan Harper's books sound interesting and I haven't traveled to Australia in a while. Should I start with The Dry first?

message 3: by Heather (last edited Aug 12, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Heather Yes, actually the Dry is her debut novel! I'm already into the second and enjoying it. Wish I had all day to read! But someone needs to go grocery shopping 😆

message 4: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 1973 comments Mod
Heather wrote: "Yes, actually the Dry is her debut novel? I'm already into the second and enjoying it. Wish I had all day to read! But someone needs to go grocery shopping 😆"

Ok - will attack The Dry first. Hope grocery shopping didn't take too long and you're back with reading!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather I have arrived home from Australia and finished my 1st book, Force of Nature. I did enjoy the story, and I really like her talent of effortlessly writing the dialogue and descriptions. This one doesn't match up to the page-turning anticipation of her first book, The Dry. This author, Jane Harper, is Australian and has another book release in February 2019. And I will be reading it!!

message 6: by Heather (last edited Aug 20, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

Heather Home from Georgia Water's Edge. Such a sweet story in the middle of a mystery - not a thriller, but an old fashioned mystery. Very enjoyable read!

I'm taking a couple of days rest and then my next trip will be out of the country to Greece! Circe

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather My two last trips one to Greece and one to Japan were disappointments. Didn't finish either trip!

Take a different approach and just arrived in London. Our House

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Wahoo! Just got back from my London journey in Our House. What a roller coaster ride that trip was. Now I am visiting with Maleficient at Morningstar Kingdom, Mistress of All Evil: A Tale of the Dark Fairy

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Finished my trip to 'fantasy' land and since I enjoyed my trip to London so much, I'm going back!
The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather I loved my second stop to London in The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, but it is back to the USA to Wisconsin in Serafina and the Black Cloak.