Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Erikson and Esslemont - Malazan > BotF favorite quotes, open spoilers

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
What a chapter 7 was in Midnight tides to produce these two gems.

‘You still think like a child, don’t you? Clay figurines sunk to their ankles in the sand, one here, one there, standing just so. One says this, the other says that, then you reach down and rearrange them accordingly. Scenes, vistas, stark with certainty.

What an awesome quote. How many of us know people like this? So certain and not wanting their vision of their world disrupted.

Fallen. Who tracks our footsteps, I wonder? We who are the forgotten, the discounted and the ignored. When the path is failure, it is never willingly taken. The fallen. Why does my heart weep for them? Not them but us, for most assuredly I am counted among them. Slaves, serfs, nameless peasants and labourers, the blurred faces in the crowd— just a smear on memory, a scuffing of feet down the side passages of history.

Can one stop, can one turn and force one’s eyes to pierce the gloom? And see the fallen? Can one ever see the fallen? And if so, what emotion is born in that moment?

It gives a whole new meaning to Book of the Fallen. Erikson's mission to speak for the fallen. The downtrodden.

message 2: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Interesting and moving.