Young Adult Catholic Readers discussion

Come Rack! Come Rope!
This topic is about Come Rack! Come Rope!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 41 comments Mod
I haven't read up to date yet, but I just wanted to say how horrid it was that they moved the alter stones in used-to-be Catholic churches to the walkway for people to tread on! Most of the alter stones have been put somewhere more fitting today, but I was exploring old churches last week and found some still left in the ground :(

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Oh no that's horrible! I wonder why they haven't all been recovered. So often nowadays people speak passionately about injustices throughout history, but they always somehow forget about those done to Catholics despite the extensive record of martyrs and persecution. It's just sad. :\

message 3: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 41 comments Mod
I know, it gets me so mad sometimes :'/

Oh btw I'm going on a Catholic YA retreat for a week so I'll miss the next discussion. (This is SO coincidental: one of the days in this retreat they've planned to go to...wait for it... Padley Chapel. What are the chances?! O-O It's so weird! I had no idea we were hiking there!)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Okay, sounds like fun. :) Oh wow, that is a funny coincidence haha. Enjoy the retreat!

Oh yeah also happy Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary! :)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Oh my gosh I just read the part where Robin received his calling to the priesthood! I suspected it would happen, but left myself in suspense so I could be surprised. So cool, though I can't help but feel bad for Marjorie. It was so good and brave of them to put God's will above their own; I love characters that have a strong sense of morality.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale I know! I mean at first I shipped them, but as the story progressed I could see how things should be.