Polls for Our Souls discussion

TV, Movie, Music, Social Media > Movies that Made You Cry

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments When is the last time a movie made you cry?

For me, it was Alice Through the Looking Glass. I went into it knowing that it would be the last "new film" that Alan Rickman would be in. I did pretty well through the movie, but the tears just flowed from my eyes at the dedication to him during the credits.

Always.

description

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 611 comments All the Hunger Games films make me cry every time. And when I watched Mockingjay part 2 in theaters I was basically crying the complete secons half of the movie. And all through the end credits. I just couldn't stop!

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) I don't really cry with movies but the last one that got me close was Avengers: Infinity War and every time I watch La La Land the ending makes me want to cry

message 4: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments Roadhouse...Every freaking time.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Stefan The Fault in Our Stars... though I feel that one is a given.

message 6: by Duhita (new)

Duhita (duhitaap) | 5 comments Hachiko, About Time.... Can't think of anything else, but I'm pretty sure there are more that made me cry

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments Also, the last time I watched the last Harry Potter movie, I teared up a bit!

message 8: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 33 comments Julia wrote: "When is the last time a movie made you cry?

For me, it was Alice Through the Looking Glass. I went into it knowing that it would be the last "new film" that Alan Rickman would be in. I did pretty ..."

I felt that way too! :(

message 9: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 33 comments A Star Is Born made me cry (the original movie). I look forward to seeing the new version with Lady Gaga

message 10: by ❤SanaReads❤ (new)

❤SanaReads❤ Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

message 11: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments ❤Sana❤ wrote: "Me Before You by Jojo Moyes"

I’ve been meaning to watch that... really just to see Matthew Lewis on film again!

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments Cheri wrote: "Julia wrote: "When is the last time a movie made you cry?

For me, it was Alice Through the Looking Glass. I went into it knowing that it would be the last "new film" that Alan Rickman would be in...."

It was just this huge realization that he was really gone... it was so real then.

message 13: by Shirayuki (new)

Shirayuki  | 29 comments The Fault in Our Stars, Avengers Infinity War, When Marnie Was There (DAMN YOU GHIBLI FOR MAKING ME CRY FOR SOLID TWENTY MINUTES OR SO), Hachiko, The Time Traveler's Wife, Kimi no Na Wa., and so many more I can't even remember xD

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 126 comments Love Everlasting.... You should totally watch it it was amazing but also super sad and i cried so so so much

message 15: by Jeff (new)

Jeff | 3 comments Not based on a book, but Crash. There were at least three moments when I LOST it and could not stop crying...in the theater. So embarrassing, but it shows how powerful that movie is.

message 16: by emi (new)

emi (misssweetness) | 1 comments Marley and Me absolutely broke my heart. I can't bring myself to watch it again, because it was just so sad & I know it'll make me cry all over again.

Also, I Am Sam really got me too.

message 17: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 33 comments Jeff wrote: "Not based on a book, but Crash. There were at least three moments when I LOST it and could not stop crying...in the theater. So embarrassing, but it shows how powerful that movie is."

Yes ! That movie had me riveted to my seat!

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 56 comments I've not sobbed over a film in years but some from my childhood were My Girl, Black Beauty, The Secret Garden, Homeward Bound

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Huber (thorwantsanotherletter) When Marnie was there

message 20: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments I was in tears last night watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. It was dark, no one else was home, and I just sat there sobbing, feeling like I was actually right there with Harry as he held (view spoiler) in his arms.

message 21: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments The song "I've Been Waiting for You" in "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!" gets me teary-eyed, too!!

message 22: by Ava (new)

Ava Jones | 54 comments Up...just up.

message 23: by mina (new)

mina A dogs purpose

Long Live Wonderland | 23 comments Freaking Avengers Infinity War

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | 14 comments The Revenant
also
Only The Brave

message 26: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorbellamy) | 23 comments We saw The Hate U Give a few weeks ago and I cried pretty much the entire time.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | 14 comments Oh, I really want to watch that movie. I read the book, and it was great.

message 28: by Aiden (The Book Scourge) (last edited Nov 09, 2018 12:49PM) (new)

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 141 comments Theory of Everything
Avengers: Infinity War
UP

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 09, 2018 12:53PM) (new)

"The Stray" in which is more of a recent film. That movie did have my adrenaline running. As most folks said as well, Hachiko was a catcher of your emotions. Bridge To Terabithia was a crier seeker. It's A Wonderful Life, too... Lastly; Phenomenon with John Travolta. There are the ones that worked me to tear up! (Certainly UP as well!!)

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | 14 comments A Silent Place

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | 14 comments I think it was a A Quiet Place

message 33: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (snicketypicket) The scene in Titanic where that one lady was singing lullabies to her children as the boat was sinking made me cry, and The Hunger Games.

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 611 comments I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 in the theater some weeks ago (they had a special showing of all the films) and I cried So.Hard. It was so damn emotional.

message 35: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 52 comments I think it would be quicker to list the films that don't make me cry!

message 36: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments ⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 in the theater some weeks ago (they had a special showing of all the films) and I cried So.Hard. It was so damn emotional."

Yeah, a certain death in that one will make me tear up again when I watch it again as part of my marathon. Although I’m going to Goblet of Fire (the symphony which plays the music in front of the music), and I will probably get emotional when Alan Rickman’s name comes up. Last time I saw a HP movie on the big screen (the symphony of Philosopher’s Stone), I was definitely the loudest one cheering for his name during the credits!!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 611 comments Julia wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 in the theater some weeks ago (they had a special showing of all the films) and I cried So.Hard. It was so damn emot..."

you get it, that's the emotional scene I was talking about. I'm crying every time, but it was a hundred times more emotional on the big screen!

message 38: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments ⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Julia wrote: "⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 in the theater some weeks ago (they had a special showing of all the films) and I cried So.Hard. It wa..."

Actually, it’s on t.v. tonight in an hour, but I’ll watch my DVD in a few days instead... can’t sit through commercials!

message 39: by gwen (last edited Nov 09, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

gwen (gwentg) Les Misérables is the one movie I actually cry while watching it, but A Dog's Purpose and Avengers: Infinity War come pretty close. A Quiet Place was pretty heartbreaking as well.

message 40: by Sharmi (new)

Sharmi Arunprasath (sharmi_a5) | 257 comments The Fault in Our Stars, Wonder, and A Dog's Purpose.

sophie.connects.the.dots (on hiatus) | 83 comments Has anyone seen Hachi: A Dog's Tale? It will hurt your heart.

sophie.connects.the.dots (on hiatus) | 83 comments Gwyneth wrote: "Les Misérables is the one movie I actually cry while watching it, but A Dog's Purpose and Avengers: Infinity War come pretty close. A Quiet Place was pretty heartbreaking as well."

Avengers Infinity War left me numb and in a stupor!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 611 comments @Julia I hate commercials, that's why I barely watch tv anymore (just Netflix^^)!
@Sophie Janet I haven't seen it, but my Mum has and she also told me it was heartbreaking!

message 44: by Carla (new)

Carla Stafford | 19 comments They ALL make me cry...;) Even the last Jurassic Park movie...Lost World? Lately, the new Star is Born...Life is Beautiful...Fault in our Stars...

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments ⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "@Julia I hate commercials"

Me too! I hardly watch t.v. anymore either... just a few things on PVR and my favourite DVDs!!

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia | 114 comments Carla wrote: "They ALL make me cry...;) Even the last Jurassic Park movie...Lost World? Lately, the new Star is Born...Life is Beautiful...Fault in our Stars..."

The new Jurassic World is Fallen Kingdom, I think. 😊

message 47: by Nina (new)

Nina Holmes (ninajoshiholmes) | 1 comments How To Train Your Dragon 2!!!! I've watched it five times and cried every time. Also, La La Land had me choking on my own tears in the theatre😜

message 48: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 60 comments Marley and Me made me cry until I choked on my own snot. The Last Song always makes sneaky tears leak out of the side of my eyes.

message 49: by Cece (new)

Cece (cecegurl) | 99 comments Oh my gosh Infinity War I son every time I watch, randomly I'll think of it and be overwhelmed oh my gosh

message 50: by Cece (new)

Cece (cecegurl) | 99 comments *sob

« previous 1 3 4 5