City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

The Mortal Instruments Buddy Readathon #1

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Divine This will be the start of our series buddy read. WE WILL BE GOBBLING THE WHOLE TMI UNIVERSE AMSKAJSLKAKJSKLAJS #fingerscrossed

Kaye I'm soooo excited to start the Shadowhunter world and crazeee!

Divine kaye wrote: "I'm soooo excited to start the Shadowhunter world and crazeee!"

HOPEFULLY WE CAN PULL THIS OFF AHAHHA WE HAVE THE WHOLE YEAR!

message 4: by Kaye (last edited Aug 12, 2018 12:11AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye UPDATE : Chapter 1 — Chapter 5
So, hey Mavence! I just finished reading Chapter Five and I have something to point out. (Don't worry I'll wait for you XD).

(view spoiler)

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts about the first five chapters!

Kaye MINI UPDATE : UNPOPULAR OPINION
Mavence, don't hate me. XD.

(view spoiler)

Kaye UPDATE : Chapter 6 — Chapter 9
I stopped reading for a few minutes because omg. *spoiler alert*

(view spoiler)

I'm curious to know your thoughts, Mavence! But finish your plates first! God bless!

Divine kaye wrote: "UPDATE : Chapter 1 — Chapter 5
So, hey Mavence! I just finished reading Chapter Five and I have something to point out. (Don't worry I'll wait for you XD).

[spoilers removed]I'm looking forward to..."

hey kaye! sorry for the late update XD
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Kaye (last edited Aug 17, 2018 06:03AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye Mavence wrote: "kaye wrote: "UPDATE : Chapter 1 — Chapter 5

[spoilers removed]I'm looki..."

Mavence! OMG. I'm still on Chapter 9. Shame, shame, shame. Yesterday, I tried to listen to the audiobook but I've repeated it for the nth time because I was constantly losing my focus on the story. I wonder if the problem was her voice or the way she narrated. I'll stick to my physical copy now.

(view spoiler)

I want to finish this because I want to read the Infernal Devices! Happy reading, Mavence!

Kaye ^I edited my recent update because it was trashy. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Divine UPDATE: Chapter 1 -5
(view spoiler)

Divine UPDATE (additional)
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Kaye (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye UPDATE : Chapter 10 — Chapter 15
Yes, I finally made some progress XD. (I finished chapters 10-15 yesterday but I was so stressed with my classmates I didn't have the time to update)

(view spoiler)

YESSSS WE WILL GO THROUGH THIS JUST TO READ THE INFERNAL DEVICES HAHAHAHHAHAHAA. I need to be patient.

message 13: by Kaye (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye I was about to ask you what are your thoughts about an excerpt from the book but I forgot sooooo...

(view spoiler)

Am I reading another book or what? I was appalled??? shocked??? I didn't know what to feel or think.

Divine kaye wrote: "I was about to ask you what are your thoughts about an excerpt from the book but I forgot sooooo...

Clary wondered if there were any ugly vampires or maybe any fat ones. Maybe they didn't make ..."

(view spoiler)

Divine UPDATE: Chapter 5 - 9
(view spoiler)

Divine UPDATE: 10 - 15
I FINALLY CAUGHT UP HAHAHAHAH the audiobook's pretty bearable now (Also I've got no choice XD) I'll be replying w/ your update too in these chapters :D
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Kaye (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye A Short Response

I also find the vampire-lair-simon-raphael xD scene unnecessary, though it was nice to venture out into other worlds aside from the Shadowhunters. It wasn't just done well, parang that part wasn't executed effectively for me to care.

Even if I dislike Clary there were characters that made the story bearable so I'll finish this. I need to, because The Infernal Devices. THE TID TRILOGYYYYY.

Yaaaas, Jace's character is just meh for me. I haven't had the feeling of being kilig. Maybe, Clary ruined him for me jokeee xD. (i'm sorry I just dislike Clary)

(view spoiler)

As of the moment, my rating stands between 2.5 - 3 stars? Idkkk, I'll contemplate if the ending of CoB will make up for everything xD.

Divine YOU'RE ALLIIIVEEEEEE! How's life and school on your side? HAHAHA

Also, AMEN TO THAT!. I realllyyyy reallyyy really want to read TID so yup, we have to endure 2 more books after this.

LOL! Clary is indeed pretty immature and unhelpful in a lot of circumstances,

what scene exactly are you referring to? Is it the part when she knew he was gay or in the resto? ENLIGHTHEN ME AHHAHA. Also, there's this part where Clary gets infuriated with how Isabelle reacted to Simon's sudden absence. Really? REALLY???

HAHAHA you're more savage in your ratings! (I'd like to be merciful hahahah) but yes indeed, will soon find out for sure. :)

message 19: by Kaye (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaye UPDATE : Chapter 16-Chapter 20

Life's not okay and school's stressing me out, so I decided to relieve that through reading. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry I've been missing in action for a couple of days but anyway, here's my thoughts.

But first, let me address the situation between Clary and Alec. It was 3 pages in Chapter 16, wherein Alec confronted Clary about the safety of Jace (I'm sorry I'm not capable of typing it all here xD). Clary got angry and told this...

"You should talk aboout selfish," she hissed, so viciously that he took a step back. "You couldn't care less about anyone in this world except yourself, Alec Lightwood. No wonder you've never killed a single demon, because you're too afraid."
Alec looked stunned. "Who told you that?"
"Jace."
He looked as if she'd slapped him. "He wouldn't. He wouldn't say that."
"He did." She could see how he was hurting him, and it made her glad. Someone else ought to be in pain for a change. "You can rant all you want about honor and honesty and how mundanes don't have either, but if you were honest, you'd admit this tantrum is just because you're in love with him. It doesn't have anything to do with—"
Then Alec shoved her against a wall saying "Don't you ever, say anything like that to him or I'll kill you. I swear on the Angel, I'll kill you." Then he blinked—as if he were waking up out of a dream—and let her go hurrying back toward the infirmary.

Alec's actions toward Clary were reasonable, but Clary said vicious words to get back at Alec.

(view spoiler)

That's all, Mavenceeee. I think I can finish this today. I might give this a 3-star rating because the story got interesting. XD