UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Looking for author suggestions...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments Hi,
I am new to the forums on here. I am a keen reader but seem to be stuck reading the same authors. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy what I read but wonder what else I am missing! I love chick lit by Lucy Diamond, Karen Swan, Harriet Evans to name a few and then also love a psychological thriller such as Gillian Flynn, B A Paris, J P Delaney.... does anyone have any authors that they would recommend? Looking forward to any suggestions :)

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11092 comments Best bet would be to look through our 'Just finished, just started' thread

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Although this is obviously way too late, I'd recommend Behind Her Eyes, and Sarah's work in general :)

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments I've just finished reading The Lollipop Shoes -I think any of her books are terrific - a bit different.

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4195 comments May I make a suggestion?

List more books you like on your profile, with a quick rating, and it will be easier for people to use the Compare books tool and see if they have suggestions compatible with what you already have on your profile. It is a very easy way to see what someone likes to read.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1700 comments Also, there is a 'Meet the Authors' thread where authors give some idea of what their books are about and often they are discounted. The thread is a bit further down!

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 389 comments I love indie author Rebecca Bryn. Check out her "For Their Country's Good" series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 8: by Phill (new)

Phill Featherstone (httpwwwgoodreadscomphillf) | 25 comments Sorry to be slow catching up on this thread. You might try my novel Paradise Girl Paradise Girl. It's not chic-lit, but the main character is a 17-year-old girl. It's a psychological/dystopian drama. Please let me know if you read it. Happy New Year.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9080 comments Hmm

Sure I just mentioned about self promo on that other thread you started Phill

message 10: by Phill (new)

Phill Featherstone (httpwwwgoodreadscomphillf) | 25 comments Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) wrote: "Hmm

Sure I just mentioned about self promo on that other thread you started Phill"

I was trying to reply to Laura, who was asking for suggestions for things to read. I assumed it was OK to suggest my own book. Sorry if I misunderstood.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Abbott (rachel_abbott) | 230 comments I really love reading Lisa Jewell books - she's gone to the top of my reading list and I am very happy to recommend her.