Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mina's First Day of School - Written in Traditional Chinese, Pinyin and English (Mina Learns Chinese)
28 views
Adding New Books > Incorrect author attributed to my book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Liu (katrinaliu) | 5 comments Hello! I added a book that I wrote to GoodReads, but the incorrect "Katrina Liu" is attributed.

The writer should be linking to this profile: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8...

Can you please help?

Thank you.


message 2: by Olivia (last edited Aug 10, 2018 01:49AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Katrina,

As you do not have a claimed author profile I moved your book to the new 2-space profile, Katrina^^Liu (where^=space)

You can claim this profile using the link below:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/invi...
However, as there are no details on the added edition it is unlikely that the claim would be approved.
Do you have ISBN/ format / publication date etc?

Also is the book in Chinese or bi-lingual?
We would need Chinese title (I won't be able to add form the cover), and the description in Chinese for the Chinese edition.
Thanks


message 3: by Alison (last edited Aug 10, 2018 11:51AM) (new)

Alison | 805 comments Added pub date and ISBNs, and added new editions with ASINs, from info found on Amazon. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Changed language to "Multiple languages" although Amazon lists English as the language. I edited the descriptions to distinguish the Traditional Chinese versions from the Simplified Chinese version.


message 4: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Liu (katrinaliu) | 5 comments Alison wrote: "Added pub date and ISBNs, and added new editions with ASINs, from info found on Amazon. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Changed language to "Multiple la..."


Hi Alison, unfortunately there have been several people who have taken my book and are selling it for a higher price. Is there a way for you to update the ISBN? Here are the correct versions:


Simplified: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FW8QHCC
Traditional: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0999663364


message 5: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Liu (katrinaliu) | 5 comments Katrina wrote: "Alison wrote: "Added pub date and ISBNs, and added new editions with ASINs, from info found on Amazon. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Changed language ..."


Katrina wrote: "Hello! I added a book that I wrote to GoodReads, but the incorrect "Katrina Liu" is attributed.

The writer should be linking to this profile: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8...-..."


One more note, Alison: I'm also now selling through Amazon, as well. Not sure if that info is needed, but here are the links:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mina...
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mina...


message 6: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Liu (katrinaliu) | 5 comments Olivia wrote: "Hi Katrina,

As you do not have a claimed author profile I moved your book to the new 2-space profile, Katrina^^Liu (where^=space)

You can claim this profile using the link below:
https://www.good..."


Hi Olivia,

How do you recommend I move forward to claim my author page in a way that it's more likely to get approved?

Thank you for your help!


message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments With the ISBNs etc. on the editions, for this profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... here is how to claim it: https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...


back to top