What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy involving magic and pirates - the male protagonist is cursed and will die if he returns back home

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 1 comments I can't remember the names of any of the characters, but the book was about a female character who somehow ended up on the male character's ship, who I believe was a pirate and a thief. The male character was cursed and could not return to his home with dying, and would get sick whenever he tried to approach it - I think the curse may have been placed by his father. He and his friend (another female character whom he sails with) try to keep this curse a secret from the first female character, but she ends up finding out towards the end of the book I think. Before he met the female character, the male character also sailed with another female character who is his best friend. This character is (from memory) very good at fighting and is also quite brusque and sarcastic with the other female character especially.

It is quite a recent book - I believe it is part of a series, and potentially only the first book in the series has come out?

message 2: by Jamie (last edited Aug 11, 2018 08:29AM) (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 265 comments This reminds me of a book I read somewhat recently, but I can't be sure if that book was The Girl from Everywhere, or a different one.

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 14, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Jennifer (jennicat) Maybe Hero by Alethea Kontis? I didn't read it but in Enchanted the MC talks about her sister who shipped off with a pirate and the synopsis seems to line up with your memory of the book. Part of the 'Woodcutter Sisters' series, each girl is named after a day of the week.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Natalie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?