Book Snails Book Group discussion

Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1)
This topic is about Red Rising
ARCHIVED > August 2018 BOTM: “Red Rising” by Pierce Brown

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin | 580 comments Looks like maybe the mods are on vacation, so I’m just gonna go ahead and get this thread up in case anyone wants to join me in reading the BOTM for August: Red Rising by Pierce Brown.

Confession: Despite its goodreads rating of 4.27, I’m more than halfway through and I’m not loving it, but it’s been on my TBR list for a long time, so I intend to press on to the end!

message 2: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new) - added it

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
Thank you Erin for kickstarting this month’s discussion!!

Erin | 580 comments Anyone else plan to tackle this one this month?

I finished it a couple days ago. Sadly, I had to give it just 2 stars and I don’t plan to read any further in the series, but I’d love to hear what others think!
What did you like about it?
What didn’t you like about it?
Do you think you’ll finish the series? If so, wanna fill me in on what happens? ;-)

Candace (candywilliams) | 417 comments I've finished Red Rising, and loved it! Many many thanks to those who nom/voted for it. :-)

You can read by review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Erin | 580 comments Glad you liked it Candace! Do you think you’ll finish the series?

message 6: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new) - added it

StarMan (thestarman) | 1825 comments Mod
Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed the book, Candace -- and for reviewing it!

Candace (candywilliams) | 417 comments Erin wrote: "Glad you liked it Candace! Do you think you’ll finish the series?"

I'll at least read the next one and see how it goes. You know how sometimes the sequels are good for the first one or two, and then the author fizzles out, either because the story can't be maintained for eight or ten books, or whatever, or because a publisher is pushing them on deadlines, or both!

Anyone else reading this and plan to read sequels? I admit the first few pages didn't grab me, but boy, it sure picked up a little later and I had a hard time putting it down!

Candace (candywilliams) | 417 comments StarMan wrote: "Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed the book, Candace -- and for reviewing it!"

Thanks! I just joined the group this month, saw that's what you're reading, so thought I should start right in with it. Good choice, y'all!

Erin | 580 comments You’ll have to tell me what ultimately happens Candace! This one just didn’t work for me, though I’m not even sure why. But it took me three weeks to trudge through it and I definitely won’t be reading more. I’m guessing Darrow ultimately gains a position with enough power to allow him to liberate the reds...

Candace (candywilliams) | 417 comments Erin wrote: "You’ll have to tell me what ultimately happens Candace! This one just didn’t work for me, though I’m not even sure why. But it took me three weeks to trudge through it and I definitely won’t be rea..."

Totally understand! I do have the second book on my TBR. But then, I've got stuff on there from like 2013 or so. LOL

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Red Rising (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pierce Brown (other topics)