Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1)
This topic is about Her Royal Spyness
Archive - Group Reads > Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen (no spoilers) - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1286 comments Mod
Hello fellow Cozy Mystery readers! This discussion is about Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness #1) by Rhys Bowen, your host is Jenny.

Please note no spoilers should be revealed in this discussion.
Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries #1) by Rhys Bowen

Summary

Georgie, aka Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, cousin of King George V of England, is penniless and trying to survive on her own as an ordinary person in London in 1932.

So far she has managed to light a fire and boil an egg... She's gate-crashed a wedding... She's making money by secretly cleaning houses... And she's been asked to spy for Her Majesty the Queen.

Everything seems to be going swimmingly until she finds a body in her bathtub... and someone is definitely trying to kill her.

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) I plan on reading this, perhaps a little later in the month.

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments The books sound great!

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 3 comments If anyone gets the chance to pick up the audiobook, please do. It is narrated by one of the best, Katy Kellgren (who sadly died earlier this year).

I love this series and all the characters, as well as the time period being one of my favorites.

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Kirsten wrote: "If anyone gets the chance to pick up the audiobook, please do. It is narrated by one of the best, Katy Kellgren (who sadly died earlier this year).

I love this series and all the characters, as w..."

I will be listening to this! I listened to the Christmas themed one a couple of years ago and was immediately hooked on the series and the audio. I was so sad to see Kellgren died. She was a much loved narrator!

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 3 comments Suzy wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "If anyone gets the chance to pick up the audiobook, please do. It is narrated by one of the best, Katy Kellgren (who sadly died earlier this year).

I love this series and all the ..."

She was so good!!

message 7: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Sep 03, 2018 03:35PM) (new) - added it

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
Our library had the prequel Masked Ball at Broxley Manor. Reading it while i wait for Her Royal Spyness.

message 8: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new) - added it

The prequel was so much fun. It really sets up the series. I highly recommend reading it, if you can, before book #1.
Now on to Her Royal Spyness!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Thanks, Icewineanne for recommending this series. I have started to read Her Royal Spyness and I am enjoying it so far.

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Our library had the prequel Masked Ball at Broxley Manor. Reading it while i wait for Her Royal Spyness."

Thanks, Icewineanne.

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 13 comments I'm so happy this was on the list this month! I love this series! I'd read it during the summer and have been hooked. Just what I needed to ride out the hurricane.

Ninna | 32 comments I finally got this from the library and I will put the book I'm reading on hold (since it is 800 pages and will take me awhile!) to squeeze this one in. I only read the first chapter and already love it. Always wanted to read this series so I'm excited to start.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 3 comments I love this series! The audiobooks are great too!!

message 14: by Suzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) I just started the audio today - I'm completely predisposed to love it. :) These are a favorite of a friend of mine and I listened a couple of years ago to one of the books set during the holidays - The Twelve Clues of Christmas - and really enjoyed it.

message 15: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Thanks, Icewineanne for recommending this series. I have started to read Her Royal Spyness and I am enjoying it so far."

So glad you’re enjoying it Jenny!

message 16: by Suzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) I finished the audiobook yesterday, and true to my prediction, I loved it! I love the time period, the Royals connections, the humor, spunky energy and light touch. Nothing taxing! Easy to guess whodunit, but then that's not the point of these. I'm sad that my library does not carry the audiobooks, so I'll have to use Audible credits to go forward with the series in audio. I'm also sad that the fabulous narrator, Katherine Kellgren, died last year. There are 11 books with her narration, and I listened to a sample of the new narrator and thought she was a very credible replacement.