Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1)
This topic is about Her Royal Spyness
Archive - Group Reads > Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen (spoilers) - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Sep 25, 2018 04:11PM) (new)

Gem  | 1249 comments Mod
Hello fellow Cozy Mystery readers! This discussion is about Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness #1) by Rhys Bowen, your host is Jenny.

Please note if you have not finished reading the book spoilers are permitted in this discussion from the start.
Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries #1) by Rhys Bowen

Summary

Georgie, aka Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, cousin of King George V of England, is penniless and trying to survive on her own as an ordinary person in London in 1932.

So far she has managed to light a fire and boil an egg... She's gate-crashed a wedding... She's making money by secretly cleaning houses... And she's been asked to spy for Her Majesty the Queen.

Everything seems to be going swimmingly until she finds a body in her bathtub... and someone is definitely trying to kill her.

Jenny (diggensjenny) Wow, this series is very popular with the members of this group. After reading Her Royal Spyness I realise why. It is an enjoyable book to read and in parts, I was unable to stop laughing. I will certainly read more books in this series.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I really love it! Especially if you get the audiobooks.

What I like is the humor and the history. Just very light and fun.

Jenny (diggensjenny) Kirsten wrote: "I really love it! Especially if you get the audiobooks.

What I like is the humor and the history. Just very light and fun."

I agree, Kirsten.

message 5: by Georgia (new) - added it

Georgia | 45 comments My bookclub read Malice at the Palace (Her Royal Spyness, #9) by Rhys Bowen and loved it. I also have In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen which I'm looking forward to reading

Jenny (diggensjenny) I glad you enjoyed this series Georgia.

Cherry (bookwormdiva) I've been a fan of Lady Georgianna of Glen Garry and Rannoch for a few years, but only managed to read the first of the series now, thanks to it being chosen for the Cozy Corner. I'm about to read Crowned and Dangerous (next on the series that I have not yet read).

Donna Schmidt | 141 comments I so enjoyed this read! I was not sure about “cozy” until I’ve read a few and thanks to this group I’m a fan!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Donna wrote: "I so enjoyed this read! I was not sure about “cozy” until I’ve read a few and thanks to this group I’m a fan!"

Thanks, Donna.