Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: Dust to Dust Vol. 2 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: Dust to Dust, #5-8)
Serieses! > Wrong author on series "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 73 comments The author on all books in this series should be switched from "Philip K Dick" to Chris Roberson, because these are adaptations, and Roberson is the adapter.

He is a "Goodreads Author" so that may complicate the process.

message 2: by Arenda (last edited Aug 10, 2018 03:39AM) (new)

Arenda | 20004 comments Moved Chris Roberson to primary author position.

Also separated incorrectly combined editions (issue 1 and volume 1) en combined paperback and Kindle editions.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 73 comments Looks good, thanks.

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 73 comments It happened again! This series of graphic novels of "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" should also not have DIck as the first author.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1264...

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Looks like that series is using the original text of Dick's book, not an adaptation: "BOOM! Studios presents the complete novel transplanted into the comic book medium, mixing all-new panel-to-panel continuity with the actual text from the novel ..."

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 73 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Looks like that series is using the original text of Dick's book, not an adaptation...."

That is interesting. I'm not sure how the librarian manual would handle that.

There are more things in heaven and earth... than are dreamt of in the librarian manual.

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 145 comments How true!

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments If the words are by the original author, I'd say he's the author of record. They just added pictures.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6592 comments Abcdarian wrote: "If the words are by the original author, I'd say he's the author of record. They just added pictures."

That's what it seems to me, too. I think the illustrator could be added to the editions, though.

message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments The illustrator is there on each book, just doesn't show on the series page.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6592 comments Thanks, abc. I forgot that only the primary author shows on the series page.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Sep 04, 2018 08:44PM) (new)

rivka | 42062 comments Mod
Abcdarian wrote: "If the words are by the original author, I'd say he's the author of record. They just added pictures."

Agreed. In fact, in cases where the entire text is in one volume (or the same number of volumes as the original) they should be combined with the original work. We have a few such cases. they are treated the same as any other illustrated editions.