Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Empire of Ivory 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7478 comments Empire of Ivory 5 stars

This is the 4th book in the Temeraire series-sorry guys, but I just cannot stop!

In this adventure Termeraire and everybody's favorite "manly-man" Capt. Laurence are off to the Dark Continent. An illness has fallen over the Air Corp and Will and his dragon are on a mission to find the cure. At this time in British history a few brave colonists have ventured to Africa to settle, but only along the coast. Temeraire and his friends must venture into the interior of the continent, strange and dangerous things are confronting them at every turn.

There was a point in the book where I thought I may have to deduct a star or two, as it seemed the story was starting to drag. However, I am beginning to think Naomi Novik does this on purpose so that you are pleasantly shocked and surprised when the action picks up again.

Put this one on the "Read" shelf and already picked up #5-truly having a summer romance with the captain and his crew ;)

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2323 comments You’re on a roll! I haven’t got beyond #3 yet - glad to know they’re still enjoyable

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Empire of Ivory (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Naomi Novik (other topics)