What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Historical Fiction: character named Will, takes place during a war... I thought the book was titled "Where There's a Will", I think there's a ghost in the story? Not romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments I read this book when I was either in 4th or 5th grade (years 1993–94) through a school reading list in Kansas. The book takes place during a war, either Revolutionary or Civil, although I think there's reference to "redcoats" so possibly Revolutionary. I think there was a ghost as a supporting character, or someone that acts as a guide to the protagonist. Recall a river and a rifle, so perhaps the protagonist was involved in the war at some point. Maybe fighting in it? Or fighting something to protect himself. Protagonist I believe was named Will, which is why I keep thinking the title of the book was "Where There's a Will" but nothing comes up when I do online searches on this title.

message 2: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 85 comments Maybe “Ghost Cadet” by Elaine Marie Alphin?

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments Hmmm... possibly? I mean it has all the parts I was after, but now I'm put off by all the reviews! Haha. I'll look into this title a bit more and see if it's the one I'm after.

Thanks!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Please let us know if you've found your book. We crave closure.

Ghost Cadet for the link to Tris's suggestion.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ghost Cadet (other topics)