What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Malice (Malice, #1)
This topic is about Malice
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Fantasy/Juvenile/Adventure Book with comic panels in it - Kids get transported into evil comic book world. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wren | 20 comments Genre: YA/Fantasy/Juvenile/Adventure
It's not a graphic novel, but it has full-color comic book panels interspersed in it that illustrate certain parts of the story.

Year: I read it around 5-2 years ago. It was a fairly recent book at that time, I believe.

Plot: Some kids/teens travel to a sinister comic book world. The only detail I remember about the plot is at some point one of the female characters is tracking an older man around a (non-magical) city. There was also this character (I think he was the main antagonist) with a special coat who also featured on the cover of the book. I think the coat had eyes on it. I'm not sure, but I believe there was some magical/robotic creature that (view spoiler)

Location: creepy comic land + average city (I don't remember where)

Time Period: Modern times

Cover Image and Description: Red and grayish color scheme with the main villain (described above) on it. The book was fairly thick.

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Rosa (new) - added it

Wren | 20 comments Rosa wrote: "Malice?"

That's it! Thank you very much.

message 4: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5117 comments Anytime. I see you didn't care for it much?

Wren | 20 comments Rosa wrote: "Anytime. I see you didn't care for it much?"

Yeah, I thought it was really generic despite the fun premise. It's interesting to see what other people thought of it, now that I can check reviews.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Malice (other topics)