The Chronicle's of St Mary's Fans discussion

Medical Department Jumpsuit colour

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Smith | 2 comments Hi all, has there been a colour allocated to the medical department jumpsuits ? ( if they wear them)
In various books there are comments about the medics wearing white but this may just be for ward / clinic uniforms
Thanks
David

message 2: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Taylor (joditaylor) | 17 comments Hi David,

I always imagine them in scrubs for day to day use and then the whites for the more serious stuff. Now that you've drawn it to my attention, I rather think Dr Stone's scrubs are dark blue - with a white coat over when necessary - and the nursing staff are pale blue. Does that make sense? I'm actually open to suggestions on this.

Jodi

message 3: by David (new)

David Smith | 2 comments Hi Jodi, thanks for replying. From personal experience ( A&E charge nurse ) Dark Inky blue for the senior docs scrub top is perfect. mine as a charge nurse was dark navy, junior nurses lighter blue.
Re trousers, we tended to use normal trousers -usually with plenty of pockets, although the consultant was usually in suit type trousers.
When I was working outside the department in places like aeromedical or remote locations my choice would be a polo shirt and medical issue trousers such as these ( https://www.nightgearstore.com/en-UK/...)
Hope that helps a bit
David

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jensen | 2 comments What are the colors of all the Departmental jumpsuits?

I stumbled into this terrific series of books and have been infecting my friends. I am trying to make up overalls for each of them as personalized gifts and prefer accuracy.

Thank you
Ralph the Rover (dumbest Pyrate ever)

message 5: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Taylor (joditaylor) | 17 comments Hi Ralph.

Historians wear blue.
IT wears black.
Security wears green.
Technical wears orange.
R&D wear a stunned expression.
Admin wear whatever they like.

Hope this helps. Do post a photo when you're done.

Best wishes,
Jodi.

message 6: by Rise' (new)

Rise' Arno | 2 comments Jodi, I'm in wardrobe, so does that mean I can wear whatever I make?

Jodi wrote: "Hi Ralph.

Historians wear blue.
IT wears black.
Security wears green.
Technical wears orange.

Hope this helps. Do post a photo when y..."

message 7: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Taylor (joditaylor) | 17 comments Rise' wrote: "Jodi, I'm in wardrobe, so does that mean I can wear whatever I make?

Rise - yes it does. I think it would be a very good idea if Wardrobe modelled their own creations. You might want to check out the Virtual St Mary's page, where many people live and work at St Mary's and the wardrobe dept there frequently post their own costumes.

Best wishes,
Jodi.

Historians wear blue.
IT wears black.
Security wears green.
Technical wears orange.
R&D wear a stunn..."

Historians wear blue.
IT wears black.
Security wears green.
Technical wears orange.

Hope this helps. Do post a photo when y..."

message 8: by Heather (last edited Dec 11, 2018 08:13AM) (new)

Heather | 5 comments " the Virtual St Mary's page, " Where is that??!! How fab!!
Heather

message 9: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Taylor (joditaylor) | 17 comments https://www.facebook.com/groups/18630...

OK - I'm not tremendously good at this and if you find yourself on a site offering slightly used surgical underwear - that did happen once - then I'm sorry. The Virtual St Mary's site is where they all go to live and work at St Mary's. There are proper departments, living accommodation and so on. You have to ask to join but the site is very well run and administered and frequently hilarious. They go on jumps and of course, everything goes wrong. There's also - for some reason - a great deal of glitter. Good luck!

message 10: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Jensen | 2 comments Thank you so much, Jodi! I did not expect to get a response directly from YOU! I'm only 5 deep and loving it.

This works well as I found good quality Dickies overalls. A Blue one for my GF who is frighteningly close to Madeleine in mannerisms. Yes! I can testify that life is never boring around Sue of Awesome. I am an IT guy and black will be perfect. I still need to find some nice green ones as Lord knows Sue and I need a security team. If you looked up my namesake Ralph the Rover, you would see why.

Thanks again.