YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)
This topic is about Burn for Burn
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - Restarting September 1st 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Postcard-perfect Jar Island is home to charming tourist shops, pristine beaches, amazing oceanfront homes—and three girls secretly plotting revenge.

KAT is sick and tired of being bullied by her former best friend.

LILLIA has always looked out for her little sister, so when she discovers that one of her guy friends has been secretly hooking up with her, she’s going to put a stop to it.

MARY is perpetually haunted by a traumatic event from years past, and the boy who’s responsible has yet to get what’s coming to him.

None of the girls can act on their revenge fantasies alone without being suspected. But together…anything is possible.

With an alliance in place, there will be no more “I wish I’d said…” or “If I could go back and do things differently...” These girls will show Jar Island that revenge is a dish best enjoyed together.

Cinthia | 5703 comments I will join this one if it's ok with you guys...

Cinthia | 5703 comments hi guys I'm starting this one early...

20.0% End of ch 9: (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 50.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 71.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 88.0% End of Chapter 37: (view spoiler)

Sierra Lynn | 1640 comments Cinthia wrote: "I will join this one if it's ok with you guys..."

of course its okay!

Cinthia | 5703 comments Finished... Really? You are going to do that to me? ugh... I need to find out what happens next... I might pick up the next book... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Sierra wrote: "Cinthia wrote: "I will join this one if it's ok with you guys..."

of course its okay!"

Thanks... let me know if you guys pick up the next book I might need to...

Sierra Lynn | 1640 comments Cinthia wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Cinthia wrote: "I will join this one if it's ok with you guys..."

of course its okay!"

Thanks... let me know if you guys pick up the next book I might need to..."

I'm reading the 2nd book next month, I already have a buddy and day set

Sierra Lynn | 1640 comments 25% (view spoiler)
50% (view spoiler)
75% (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

message 12: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Chapter 8: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Chapter 19: (view spoiler)

message 14: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Chapter 37: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Lara wrote: "Chapter 8: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Lara (new) - rated it 1 star

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Shae wrote: "Lara wrote: "Chapter 8: [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Completely agree!! I'd kind of figured it out by the end, but it was really complicated!

message 18: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 43% (view spoiler)

message 19: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 76% (view spoiler)

message 20: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 21: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments When are you all reading book 2? I’m keen!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83071 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting September 1st 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 23: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) This is addictive, I've already read 174 pages.

message 24: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) <(view spoiler)[ I think it's weird how Alex is defending Katy even though he's apparently hooking up with Nadia. So, I feel like that'll come into play later on.(view spoiler)]>

message 25: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) I probably did that wrong. Does anyone know how to do the spoiler thing on a mobile?

message 26: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Joining!

For spoiler tags you just put

<*spoiler*>

But don’t do the stars, so those little arrow things are right up against the word spoiler (if that makes sense) 😝

message 27: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 2% (view spoiler)

message 28: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 10%(view spoiler)

message 29: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 18% (view spoiler)

message 30: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 27% (view spoiler)

message 31: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 31% (view spoiler)

Heather | 10189 comments Is it okay with y’all if I join?

Raghad | 1501 comments i'm joining you!

message 34: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Of course, I’m a crasher also haha I just saw it on the planned reads. I need to get to the other two in the series so hoping the reread will push me to do them all this month!

Heather | 10189 comments Shae if I can get my hands on them let’s do it!

message 36: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) Thank you!!!

message 37: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) Yes, totally. The more the merrier.

Heather | 10189 comments I have the audiobook so I should be able to finish it pretty quickly

Raghad | 1501 comments 15% (view spoiler)

Raghad | 1501 comments 34% (view spoiler)

Martha | 695 comments I'll join too :)

Raghad | 1501 comments 43% (view spoiler)

Raghad | 1501 comments 61% (view spoiler)

message 44: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) Page 317 @Raghad you're right. I kinda found it weird how nice he was to Lillia if he was hooking up with her sister. And also the poem.

And Reeve is such a dick but it's obvious his home life is bad so I kind of feel sorry for him. On that note I think Mary was somewhat in love with Reeve if pushing her off the dock hurt her enough to attempt to hang himself. That bit made me really sad.

message 45: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) My whole previous post is a spoiler.

Raghad | 1501 comments @Laetitia yes it's all spoiler lol XD
Shae explained how to hide it or just write spoilers before it :)

message 47: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) @Raghad Sorry, I think it's only for the online version because when I posted it the spoiler bits disappeared.

message 48: by Dove (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dove (x1f451laetitiax1f451) Finished (view spoiler)[ I was not expecting that ending. I kinda ship Reeve and Lillia now so I'm hoping they play out in the next books. Also I don't really like the magic realism, I don't think it nessceesry.(view spoiler)]

Raghad | 1501 comments finished (view spoiler)

Raghad | 1501 comments Laetitia;) wrote: "Finished (view spoiler)[ I was not expecting that ending. I kinda ship Reeve and Lillia now so I'm hoping they play out in the next books. Also I don't really like the magic realism, I don't think ..."

(view spoiler)

« previous 1