Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free first 2k Thorough proof read, and edit most genres

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aitch (last edited Sep 23, 2018 01:00AM) (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments I am an experienced author and beta/proof reader. I offer a FREE beta/proof read for your first 2K or so words. For many people this is enough to help you clean up your complete draft yourself, and pick out any mistakes that you have missed or anything which affects the flow of your writing. I can find, punctuation, spelling, grammar, POV, plot, flow, pace, etc. You get back a changes tracked annotated word doc.
Please message me here, email me your 2K to itsoverthehorizon@yahoo.com or visit
https://itsoverthehorizon.wixsite.com... to find out more.
No erotica, romance or LGBTQ+ thanks.
I look forwards to reading your work
Cheers
haze

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip Lacoor | 7 comments I recommend this service. Quick, professional, and more importantly, helpful.
At first I was hesitant about it being for only 5k words, but you can still discover mistakes and receive useful advice for your whole book. After all, even what’s fine can always be better.

message 3: by Lizet (new)

Lizet Engelbrecht | 15 comments Haze generously read my first 10k words for free. Not only was he extremely fast, but he also discovered quite a few grammar mistakes. If you are in the process of Beta/Proof Reading you should definitely give him a call; fast, professional and thorough.

message 4: by Aitch (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments Thanks Lizet. I still have slots open for August, please send your 5K to itsoverthehorizon@yahoo.com

message 5: by Aitch (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments Hi tricia if you read above i dont do romance or erotica, i can take a look at the first 5k for proofreading for free and see if i can cope lol

message 6: by Aitch (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments I have updated my website and costings as I am now a fully qualified proofreader. I still accept your first 2000 words for FREE, so you have nothing to lose by sending them to me. All works are automatically covered by legal copyright. Please send your 2000 words to me for FREE for an in-depth analysis of your progress. I offer a range of services and can work in sections to fit your budget. My website is at
https://goodreaderfornovels.wixsite.c... for more information and transparent costing.

message 7: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 199 comments Mod
If you are only offering free 5k with the rest paid, please remove this post. that is not allowed on this board. the board for that is the paid reads board. thank you

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 102 comments Hi! I'm seeking a beta reader for a Gothic ghost story. It's a short piece at only 1,800 words. It's a dark story with measured pace, teasing the reader to the twist ending.

My issue with the story is something feels off. I can't pinpoint what the issue might be, and I hope a beta reader or two can help remedy this. I'm too close to the work, and I need a second pair of eyes,

Please message me here, or email me at katdevitt (@) gmail (.) com.

message 9: by Aitch (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments Send it over and i will take a look to itsoverthehorizon@yahoo.com
Cheers
Haze

message 10: by Aitch (new)

Aitch Diamond | 85 comments I have open slots for my free 2k proof and edit reading offer. A lot of people find this really instructive and helpful, to evaluate at what stage their work is , how they can initially improve it. I look forward to reading your work!

message 11: by Billy (new)

Billy Allen (billyketchallen) | 2 comments Haze was extremely fast, she went through my first 5k words and returned the manuscript to me in only a couple days. She found plenty of corrections I'd missed and suggested edits. Definitely recommend.

message 12: by Jeannine (new)

Jeannine Harris | 22 comments Haze was very helpful and sincere. She worked through about 1k words for me. She not only did extensive edits/revisions but also sent through a clean copy. I appreciated every change she made and gave me lots to work from especially with regards to the ordering of my sentences. Highly recommend.