Cyborg Knights discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club Monthly Selections > November 2018 Sci-Fi Nominations: Member Take Over

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanene, Organizer (new)

Jeanene (-mjb-) | 110 comments Mod

Tired of waiting for the appropriate theme to get a book you want to read/share nominated? Tired of your selection not getting picked? Well, have I got a monthly "theme" for you…

Member Take Over will give you the opportunity to totally take control of the nominations for a month. You and only you will nominate 2-4 books of the appropriate genre for the month (theme is optional and totally up to you as well) for our members to vote on.

Anyone interested please reply below. You need not provide your choices at this time. EVERYONE who replies will get the opportunity to Take Over. All names will be randomly sorted into order and you’ll be assigned a month to provide your nominations. (Not necessarily all in a row, as we may still have other theme's interspersed.)

This is the Science Fiction Sign-up thread, do not post here if you don't want to do Sci-Fi nominations. Please visit the Fantasy thread if that is your preference. You may sign up for both if you like as well.

message 2: by Roxanna (new)

Roxanna | 12 comments Okay, I'm doing it. This is Demi, by the way. Here are four of my fav sci-fi reads.

Jam by Yatzee Croshaw

Sundiver by David Brin

Cetaganda by Lois McMaster Bujold

Star Soldiers by Andre Norton

There ya go!

message 3: by Jeanene, Organizer (new)

Jeanene (-mjb-) | 110 comments Mod
Thank you, Demi!

Here are the details for the selections:

Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw
Jam by Yatzee Croshaw

We were prepared for an earthquake. We had a flood plan in place. We could even have dealt with zombies. Probably.

But no one expected the end to be quite so... sticky... or strawberry scented.

Sundiver (The Uplift Saga, #1) by David Brin
Sundiver by David Brin

No species has ever reached for the stars without the guidance of a patron--except perhaps mankind. Did some mysterious race begin the uplift of humanity aeons ago? Circling the sun, under the caverns of Mercury, Expedition Sundiver prepares for the most momentous voyage in history--a journey into the boiling inferno of the sun.

Cetaganda (Vorkosigan Saga, #9) by Lois McMaster Bujold
Cetaganda by Lois McMaster Bujold

Book 9 in the adventures of Miles Vorkosigan, but can be read as a stand-alone. Miles and Cousin Ivan travel to Cetaganda to play the part of sprigs of nobility doing their diplomatic duty. But when the Empress of Cetaganda dies naturally, and her lifelong attendant dies unnaturally, Miles and Ivan finds themselves in the thick of it.

Star Soldiers (Central Control, #1-2) by Andre Norton
Star Soldiers by Andre Norton

Only as interstellar mercenaries can humans go to the stars; the aliens who already dominate the galaxy allow no other recourse. But when Swordsman Third Class Kana Karr and his comrades-in-arms are betrayed and abandoned on a hostile world by their alien masters, the warriors from Earth begin a desperate but glorious march across a planet whose every sword is against them. Their actions may doom humanity's future . . . or lead the way to an empire of their own!

(free on kindle right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00... )

message 4: by Marty (new)

Marty (itsmarty) | 2 comments Roxanna wrote: "Okay, I'm doing it. This is Demi, by the way. Here are four of my fav sci-fi reads.
..."

Thanks for stepping up, Demi :) Great choices!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.