Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Crooked House
This topic is about Crooked House
Archive - Group Reads > Crooked House by Agatha Christie - 09/02 thru 09/15

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Aug 08, 2018 06:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gem  | 1273 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers! This discussion is about Crooked House and your hostess is Gem.

Please note that our discussion can be about any and all aspects of the book: The theme, plot, story structure, characters, settings, etc. It is likely the discussion will contain spoilers from the start. If you have not finished the book, be careful not to read the posts of others until the end.

Feel free to use spoiler formatting, instructions are in the upper right above the comment box.
Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House (Buku Catatan Yosephine) by Agatha Christie Crooked House (Buku Catatan Josephine) by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie Crooked House by Agatha Christie

In the sprawling, half-timbered mansion in the affluent suburb of Swinly Dean, Aristide Leonides lies dead from barbiturate poisoning. An accident? Not likely. In fact, suspicion has already fallen on his luscious widow, a cunning beauty fifty years his junior, set to inherit a sizeable fortune, and rumored to be carrying on with a strapping young tutor comfortably ensconced in the family estate. But criminologist Charles Hayward is casting his own doubts on the innocence of the entire Leonides brood. He knows them intimately. And he's certain that in a crooked house such as Three Gables, no one's on the level...

Kirsten  (kmcripn) There's nothing like an Agatha Christie novel to clear your literary palate.

This one was quite nice. It was one of those nice mysteries she does every once in a while where the detectives are competent, but not stupendous. Where they stumble their way through a mystery and somehow get to the truth...

Can't wait to hear what the rest of you think...

Susan | 30 comments I really liked this one. Charles himself seemed to be a bit of a cipher, but I found all of the Leonides family to be very interesting people, including the departed Mr. Aristide. And I think I suspected every one of them (and the domestic servants too) before it was over, as they all seemed to have some kind of motive. In the end, I was most fascinated with (view spoiler) I'd probably still find this one an interesting read the second time.

message 4: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gem  | 1273 comments Mod
I'm trying to catch up, I still haven't finished And Then There Were None .