Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - Group Reads > Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz (no spoilers) - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1290 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers! This discussion is about Orphan X (Orphan X #1) by Gregg Hurwitz, your host is Danny.

Please note no spoilers should be revealed in this discussion.
Orphan X (Evan Smoak, #1) by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X (Evan Smoak, #1) by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X (Evan Smoak, #1) by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz Orphan X (Orphan X, #1) by Gregg Hurwitz

Summary

The Nowhere Man is a legendary figure spoken about only in whispers. It's said that when he's reached by the truly desperate and deserving, the Nowhere Man can and will do anything to protect and save them.

But he's no legend.

Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. He's also a man with a dangerous past. Chosen as a child, he was raised and trained as part of the off-the-books black box Orphan program, designed to create the perfect deniable intelligence assets—i.e. assassins. He was Orphan X. Evan broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear.

Now, however, someone is on his tail. Someone with similar skills and training. Someone who knows Orphan X. Someone who is getting closer and closer. And will exploit Evan's weakness—his work as The Nowhere Man—to find him and eliminate him. Grabbing the reader from the very first page, Orphan X is a masterful thriller, the first in Gregg Hurwitz's electrifying new series featuring Evan Smoak.

message 2: by Danny (last edited Sep 01, 2018 09:06AM) (new)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments Hello friends!

We'll be reading this book that seems great. I hope we'll enjoy it.

Remember that you should go to the spoilers part if you want to give quotes or discuss about what's happening in the book.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I receive my copy of this book from my Library today, and I am looking forward to reading it.