a true crime book club. discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
Has anyone else read this? If not, DO IT. Im listening to it and I just cant stop. I dont want it to end -- and that was a surprise to me.

As soon as Im finished with the book, Im going to watch the movie -- since Ive never seen that either. (I know, I know.)

message 2: by Mel (last edited Aug 09, 2018 03:44PM) (new)

Megan wrote: "I'm going to have to check it out. I haven't seen the movie either, so you aren't alone. I didn't even know it was a book until I heard Peter talk about it."

I finished this morning and I didnt like how abruptly it ended -- there was no wrap up, which was disconcerting to me but, Im assuming that it was meant to leave you hanging for a sequel. (Upon further reasearch, there are a few books. Haha!)

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) I’ll have to check it out!! I’ve never seen the movie either.

message 4: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Yes, twice. Hated it the first time (college) and liked it better the second time around. Not really any likable characters and I love the movie more but it was still very entertaining.

message 5: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments Is it scary or more cop and boat stuff?

message 6: by Mel (new)

Tracee wrote: "Is it scary or more cop and boat stuff?"

The tension build up is really nice. It's a little bit predictable but I really enjoyed it. The author is quite skilled at that.

There is one part that I found to be kind of stupid and had nothing to do with the plot, unless it gets expanded upon in the second book -- which is apparently impossible to find.

This made me want to red Meg with all of the shark mania right now. Ive heard that it's awful but I cant help it. Im on a kick.

message 7: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments I liked Meg. It wasn't like the best book I've ever read but I'd recommend giving it a shot as it was interesting enough. The movie is probably going to be a lot different though but we'll see.

message 8: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "Tracee wrote: "Is it scary or more cop and boat stuff?"

The tension build up is really nice. It's a little bit predictable but I really enjoyed it. The author is quite skilled at that.

There is o..."

I used to own the 2nd and now I wish I still had it but honestly didn't care much for it. Written by a different author. Had a POV from a pregnant shark, which was sorta interesting but that's about all I remember from it.

message 9: by Mel (new)

J.N. wrote: "I liked Meg. It wasn't like the best book I've ever read but I'd recommend giving it a shot as it was interesting enough. The movie is probably going to be a lot different though but we'll see."

I have every intention of reading it.

message 10: by Mel (new)

J.N. wrote: "Mel wrote: "Tracee wrote: "Is it scary or more cop and boat stuff?"

The tension build up is really nice. It's a little bit predictable but I really enjoyed it. The author is quite skilled at that...."

I would likely read Jaws 2 if I could find it. Just for the sake of having read the series. I dont like to read one book and be done with it. It sounds like it was written after the 2nd movie was released.

message 11: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Mel wrote: "Tracee wrote: "Is it scary or more cop and boat stuff?"

The tension build up is really nice. It's a little bit predictable but I really enjoyed it. The author is quite ski..."

I believe it was more based on the original Jaws 2 screenplay before they got a new director and screenwriter but that's just what I've gathered from my Jaws groups. I don't remember much aside from the shark being pregnant and having a POV. Was a long time ago and found the book in a thrift store. Insane how much it costs online now.

message 12: by Mel (new)

Probably because it’s rare or it’s a collectors item.

message 13: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "Probably because it’s rare or it’s a collectors item."

Out of print sadly.

message 14: by Mel (new)

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/638614...

Granted, I havent seen the movie yet but, this is total bullshit.