Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Paranormal Romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Can't wait to read about Niol. :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) havent read them--what other series do they compare to?

message 3: by new_user (last edited Aug 19, 2009 07:55PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Browsing through your shelves, I would probably compare them to the Lara Adrian's series in that there's some nominal carry-over from previous books, but each book can easily be read as a standalone. Each book is a complete, packaged romance. ;) There's no overarching plot across books (as far as we know).

Unlike Lara Adrian's series, each book also has a suspense/paranormal crime plot and the books don't center on vampires but several paranormal creatures. In Eden's world, there are "Others" living hidden among humans. The heroes in these books are also not fixated on their heroines from day one. It's more of a natural evolution after meeting in X situation. So I guess the romance is less intense in that regard but also less sappy ("my heart, my mate, I've found you," etc, etc.) LOL.

message 4: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments I found her through a two-fer with Shelley Laurensten called When He Was Bad. And it was very good :)

Cynthia Eden also does great special guest blog months. She did 30 Days of Demons earlier in the summer and in October she's doing Month of Monsters. Very fun and great insights into how a lot of different authors use the same pieces to come up with wildly different stories.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) new_user wrote: "Browsing through your shelves, I would probably compare them to the Lara Adrian's series in that there's some nominal carry-over from previous books, but each book can easily be read as a standalon..."

thanks new user. i will have to check that out.