What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sorcerers of the Nightwing (The Ravenscliff, #1)
This topic is about Sorcerers of the Nightwing
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teenage Horror Novel. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Silke S | 3 comments Hi everybody,

I am looking for the title of a series that I read when I was a teenager.

It was a horror book about a magical red-haired family that was living in a big eerie mansion on a cliff (I think), close to a cemetery where all the late family members were buried.

I believe the main character was an orphan named Dave, who comes to live with the family and who can see magical stuff appearing before him. I think he sees magical portals but I am not sure.

I remember the head of the family being a beautiful or sexy woman who seduced a man particularly close to Dave, as a sort of father figure, (possible spoiler ahead) who teaches Dave about magic and how to control it (I think). And there was also a daughter who I think wanted to seduce Dave.

I remember something faintly about ravens, maybe that was in the title...

Spoilers ahead: at the end of the first book I think Dave fought off a clown that lived in the basement and possessed a young boy in the family.. A book later in the series had a half decomposed witch on the cover, which was the second villain.

I hope that is enough to go on. I would be very grateful with any reply!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments How many years ago did you read this?
Location/time period story takes place?

Silke S | 3 comments I believe I read this more than 13 years ago.
I read it in Dutch and I remember the last book in the series did not have a translation yet!

The time period would 80's - early 90's (I'm not quite sure) and the location was an English speaking country, either America or England.

Hope that helped! Thanks!

message 4: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 283 comments Sorcerers of the Nightwing (The Ravenscliff, #1) by Geoffrey Huntington

Wretched Mr. Huntington, he finally got book 3 out in English after years and haaaaaaaad to end it on a cliffhanger, very inconsiderate! Book 4 never appeared.

message 5: by Silke (last edited Aug 08, 2018 07:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Silke S | 3 comments Cupcakedoll wrote: "Sorcerers of the Nightwing (The Ravenscliff, #1) by Geoffrey Huntington

Wretched Mr. Huntington, he finally got book 3 out in English after years and haaaaaaaad to end it on a cliffhanger, very inconsiderate! Book 4 never ..."

Wow that's the one! Thank you so much!
Crazy how shreds of my memories of the book stuck to me after all these years! It all comes back to me now.

Thank you so much :) !!