YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

My So-Called Bollywood Life
This topic is about My So-Called Bollywood Life
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > My So Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma - Restarting September 8th 2018

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riddhi. (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 653 comments Winnie Mehta was never really convinced that Raj was her soulmate, but their love was written in the stars. Literally, a pandit predicted Winnie would find the love of her life before her 18th birthday, and Raj meets all of the qualifications. Which is why Winnie is shocked to return from her summer at film camp to find her boyfriend of three years hooking up with Jenny Dickens. Worse, Raj is crowned chair of the student film festival, a spot Winnie was counting on for her film school applications. As a self-proclaimed Bollywood expert, Winnie knows this is not how her perfect ending is scripted.

Then there’s Dev, a fellow film geek, and one of the few people Winnie can count on to help her reclaim control of her story. Dev is smart charming, and challenges Winnie to look beyond her horoscope to find someone she’d pick for herself. But does falling for Dev mean giving up on her prophecy, and her chance to live happily ever after? To get her Bollywood-like life on track, Winnie will need a little bit of help from fate, family, and of course, a Bollywood movie star.

Like an expertly choreographed Bollywood dance scene, Nisha Sharma’s off-beat love story dazzles in the lime light.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46287 comments Mod
Abby and I are reading it on the 8th September :)

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

So I'm not getting to this book for a few days, sorry! I'm totally smashed for audios XD

Abby | 5454 comments Maddison wrote: "So I'm not getting to this book for a few days, sorry! I'm totally smashed for audios XD"

All good! Join when you can. :)

Will do!

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 12: (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 18: (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Yay it's available now. It's my next audio.

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Maddison wrote: "Yay it's available now. It's my next audio."

Yay!

:D Was it fluffy?

message 13: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Maddison wrote: ":D Was it fluffy?"

Very much so!

Okay cool XD

Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Lane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

I know it's horrible!

Finished! Review: I'm so glad I listened to this book! It was so awesome! The romance was so cute, but I still root for Raj. I mean, I really love (view spoiler), but I love how valiant and sweet and romantic (view spoiler) But I love the way Winnie handled the whole situation, how she was always honest, and respectful, and never lost her cool or acted dumbly. I couldn't imagine seeing (view spoiler) And the way they were talking as if no one ever opposes Bollywood, but here a lot of people do. I'm not a fan of it myself. Just so different, maybe that's normal in America..?

Abby wrote: "Chapter 18: [spoilers removed]"

Oh wow is it Dev? XD I listened to the audio, and I thought it was Dave! Thinking how much of a strange Indian name that is XD

message 20: by Lane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Maddison wrote: "Abby wrote: "Chapter 18: [spoilers removed]"

Oh wow is it Dev? XD I listened to the audio, and I thought it was Dave! Thinking how much of a strange Indian name that is XD"

I listened on audio too and totally thought it was Dave! Dev actually makes perfect sense though. It took until halfway in to realize he was Indian, but I would've realized faster if I knew his name was Dev!

message 21: by Lane (last edited Sep 26, 2018 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments (first comment in message 16)
Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

message 22: by Lane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 23: by Lane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Yeah I'm happy too, but I love Raj. He didn't turn out the way I expected him to :)