#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2018 - Family Favorites > Day 3 of Reading!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2007 comments Mod
Are you reading plans on track?

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) Not on track, but I am actually finally starting! I'm about 75 pages into Sahara (Dirk Pitt#11), and hope to have it mostly finished by tonight. I also got my hands on a copy of The Host from my library, as it was the only one of the books I am supposed to read that I didn't own. It's a start!

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments Not on track, I'm reading more slowly than I anticipated, maybe because of the heat... On the other hand I do plan on reading an extra book this month, so next to The Alienist I'm reading The Darkest Minds.

message 4: by ke-sha (new)

I read a Book Today!
Up For The Challenge by Riley Hart Doesn't work for the Challenge or the Theme BUT I least I read a book and NOT FanFiction. Also Been so Unexpectadley busy these last few days reading a book at all was great.

Especially since I'm trying to catch up on my GOODREADS CHALLENGE!
I've read 35/100 and I'm 25 Books Behind. O_O

Are you doing the Goodreads Challenge? If so how's yours coming along?

#TheStruggleIsReal

message 5: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Not really on track, no. (My first two reads were supposed to be done before this readathon started. And having an 850+ page book to read... would have liked those extra days, haha)

For day 3, I finished Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6 by Hiromu Arakawa .

And finally started The Rebels of Ireland (The Dublin Saga, #2) by Edward Rutherfurd for the challenge. Read 89 pages of that.

Page count: 528
Finished: 2

ke-sha wrote: "I read a Book Today!
Up For The Challenge by Riley Hart Doesn't work for the Challenge or the Theme BUT I least I read a book and NOT FanFiction. Also Been so Unexpectadley busy these last ..."

25 books behind?! D: Best of luck to you to catch up!

My challenge is going good, thanks to being able to listen to audiobooks at work on Saturdays (since I'm generally alone that day). I don't think I can ever see reading more than 50 a year without being stressed out, though. I don't know how you people manage 100 a year constantly. I wish I could do that @.@

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments Kaylan wrote: " I don't think I can ever see reading more than 50 a year without being stressed out, though. I don't know how you people manage 100 a year constantly. I wish I could do that @.@
"

same here!

message 7: by ke-sha (new)

Susy wrote: "Kaylan wrote: " I don't think I can ever see reading more than 50 a year without being stressed out, though. I don't know how you people manage 100 a year constantly. I wish I could do that @.@
"
..."

Kaylan wrote: "Not really on track, no. (My first two reads were supposed to be done before this readathon started. And having an 850+ page book to read... would have liked those extra days, haha)

For day 3, I f..."

@Kaylan @Susy

Lol I just buy so many books (Well NOT nearly as much as before still more than the average person) that I'm just like I need to read a good amount of them....Than again most of the Books I've been reading lately have come from the Library(Overdrive) or Kindle Unlimited.

My main goal this year was to read physical books BUT then I fell into this fanfiction hole O_O and in order to climb out I just started reading whatever book caught my interest and that I was in the mood for and of course I was in a romantic mood and I don't own a lot of those so Libray and Kindle Unlimited it was!

But hey I'm slowly but surely catching up on my GR Challenge so when I do maybe I'll get to more of my physical books and cut myself off from the Library and KU for a while!

Also, Audiobooks has been helping me reach my goal this year. Especially if I Keep up with my walking every day :)

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments I've bought 37 books so far this year.... I'm a very slow reader. I'm at 46 books now but hardly do anything else but reading. Would love to (try and) pick up dancing again, did a photography course a couple of years back but haven't done anything with it yet, have to get back to doing some physical exercise, have been neglecting my household chores, have pictures from over 5 vacations to sort out etc etc. The only other thing I do besides reading (and work of course) is watching series and movies (and spending time on GR lol).