What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA novel from 1990s where bride to be is escaping a burning mansion/she has a fiancée whose sisters are killed by their father/bride to be sees the spirits of the sisters at the end of the book as she runs from the burning building

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley McCormick | 1 comments I’m looking for a YA horror/thriller novel from the 1990s. Essentially, it’s for my friend. She says the book begins with a man getting killed by a possessed car. The END of the book has a bride-to-be running from a burning mansion. She sees the spirits of her fiancée’s sisters, one clawing above her because she was buried alive, the other stabbed with a sword. The second one was stabbed by her own father because he thought she was the bride-to-be. She says the cover of the book has the bride-to-be running from a burning mansion.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy Snider | 9 comments This sounds a lot like Fear Street: The Burning, with some of the details confused. Is she sure the possessed car and the burning mansion are from the same book? I sometimes combine two books into one when I try to remember them.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I was wondering that too Joy--about the car, I mean. The only possessed car book that I can think of personally (but not really my genre) was/is Christine.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Ashley, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lily (new)

Lily | 24 comments Ashley wrote: "I’m looking for a YA horror/thriller novel from the 1990s. Essentially, it’s for my friend. She says the book begins with a man getting killed by a possessed car. The END of the book has a bride-to..."

The Evil Moon maybe? Has a car possessed by a witch from the past. Haven't read it, but I think there are witch burnings. It's a series, so it could be one of the 3 possible books in the series.