Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Willing to be a beta reader for short stories

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 33 comments I was a Creative Writing and English major so I have so experience with editing. I am open to reading anything Young Adult, drama, romance, mystery and horror. I'm not familiar with reading fantasy, etc. I really love fanfiction. I'd probably read chapter by chapter. I'm interested in reading anything between 10-20 pages double-spaced. I'm not a professional beta reader. My critiques will be closer to a literary analysis and I follow a structured format.

message 2: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Michael (dreamersalexander) | 27 comments Hi Ivy. I have a 14 page short story about the fear of being without someone. It is horror, a young couple move into their first home and find it already occupied. I have a 3 page flash fiction story about a lone survivor on a desert island. It is about one man's descent into what might be lunacy or what actually be immense revelations concerning the afterlife.

If either of these interest you, please let me know. :)

message 3: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 33 comments Alexander wrote: "Hi Ivy. I have a 14 page short story about the fear of being without someone. It is horror, a young couple move into their first home and find it already occupied. I have a 3 page flash fiction sto..."
Okay send me a message and I'll give you my email. Be warned. I'm a slower reader.

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 33 comments With my current schedule, I will not have time to betaread in a timely manner or maybe even at all. I'm sorry. My offer has changed.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hi! I'm seeking a beta reader for a Gothic ghost story. It's a short piece at only 1,800 words. It's a dark story with measured pace, teasing the reader to the twist ending.

My issue with the story is something feels off. I can't pinpoint what the issue might be, and I hope a beta reader or two can help remedy this. I'm too close to the work, and I need a second pair of eyes,

Please message me here, or email me at katdevitt (@) gmail (.) com.

message 6: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 33 comments Kat wrote: "Hi! I'm seeking a beta reader for a Gothic ghost story. It's a short piece at only 1,800 words. It's a dark story with measured pace, teasing the reader to the twist ending.

My issue with the sto..."

I'm sorry with my current schedule. I don't have time to betaread

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hello!

I'm looking for beta readers interested in the dark, the supernatural, the Gothic... Because I've written something along those lines, but it sure has been a pain in the butt to edit. I need your feedback!

My story is a Gothic historical. It's approximately 14,000 words long, so it's a shorter read. I'm looking for someone with an eye for plot, condensing words(I can be verbose sometimes), and overall character development.

Please email me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com if you're interested! Thanks :)

message 8: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 33 comments Kat wrote: "Hello!

I'm looking for beta readers interested in the dark, the supernatural, the Gothic... Because I've written something along those lines, but it sure has been a pain in the butt to edit. I ne..."
With my current schedule, I won't have time. I apologize. I'll take down this post.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi.

I have a 4 paged flash fiction prose.