YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
This topic is about Magic Triumphs
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels #10) by Ilona Andrews - Starting August 28th

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22709 comments Mod
Mercenary Kate Daniels must risk all to protect everything she holds dear in this epic, can't-miss entry in the thrilling #1 New York Times bestselling urban fantasy series.

Kate has come a long way from her origins as a loner taking care of paranormal problems in post-Shift Atlanta. She's made friends and enemies. She's found love and started a family with Curran Lennart, the former Beast Lord. But her magic is too strong for the power players of the world to let her be.

Kate and her father, Roland, currently have an uneasy truce, but when he starts testing her defenses again, she knows that sooner or later, a confrontation is inevitable. The Witch Oracle has begun seeing visions of blood, fire, and human bones. And when a mysterious box is delivered to Kate's doorstep, a threat of war from the ancient enemy who nearly destroyed her family, she knows their time is up.

Kate Daniels sees no other choice but to combine forces with the unlikeliest of allies. She knows betrayal is inevitable. She knows she may not survive the coming battle. But she has to try.

For her child.

For Atlanta.

For the world.

I'm having a hard time with Kate as a mom. It's just so different in a way then how she was before. :/

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments Checking in for this. I started reading this morning and am up to chapter 6
(view spoiler)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments Up to chapter 11

(view spoiler)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments starting Chapter 15

(view spoiler)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon wrote: "Checking in for this. I started reading this morning and am up to chapter 6
Conan is adorable especially now that he has started shape shifting. It’s going to be an interesting ride for Kate just ..."

I love how frazzled Kate was when (view spoiler)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon wrote: "Up to chapter 11

loving Conlan so much. That scene where he was slapping the vampire had me giggling.

I am thinking now that the attack on the the town is not linked to the ones in iron and mag..."

I loved it too! (view spoiler)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon wrote: "starting Chapter 15

OMG that scene when Elara comes in and introduces her husband Hugh. I think i have already read it a couple more times. I have basically been waiting for that moment since i f..."

(view spoiler)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments I finished this

(view spoiler)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon wrote: "I finished this

[spoilers removed]"

Finished just in the nick of time like I did. lol.

O.o Twice!

I loved the blood ward! Hilarious.

So sweet! I loved it. But I also wanted to bash his fool head in!

Two Hugh books? I only saw the one recently!?

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments there are two more Hugh books in the works but the next won't be published till at least next year I believe. can't wait for it :-)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon wrote: "there are two more Hugh books in the works but the next won't be published till at least next year I believe. can't wait for it :-)"

Oooh. Two! YAY! I can just see the one for now. :)