What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Crime/Mystery, read in 1982. Protagonist plants bombs on a construction site at night for blackmail/revenge. He works at a pizza parlor in a large U.S. city. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments The basic plot is blackmail. I don't remember if it was for revenge or simply money. I believe the protagonist worked delivering pizza or worked in a pizza parlor in a big city. His blackmail target was constructing a new building. Apartments I think. The protagonist would sneak in at night after the constrution crews left and hide bombs within the walls or other concealed spaces. At the end, when the police come to arrest him, it is revealed that the protagonist has a twin brother, so the police don't know who to charge.
I don't believe the book was a best seller or anything but I really enjoyed it and would love to read it again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments Bump

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32278 comments Mod
Mark, what's the location - country, region, big city like New York or London?

How old are the main characters?

Did he bomb multiple buildings at different times?

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments Country was U.S.A. I don't remember the city but it was big like NYC or Chicago. I don't remember the age of the bomber, and his twin, but seem to remember him being mid 20's to mid 30's. I remember the target of his blackmail being very successful and older. I only remember 1 building being involved. I don't think, not sure, any bombs were actually detonated. His blackmail was successful. The police tracked him down later but could not charge him because of not knowing if he or his twin were responsible.
Hope this helps.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments Bump

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments Bump

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark | 6 comments Bump

message 8: by Kris (last edited Sep 08, 2020 12:45PM) (new)

Kris | 32278 comments Mod
I added a few details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Is his job at the pizza parlor a temporary cover and not his main job?

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina | 8 comments This sounds very familiar- is it by Sidney Sheldon, maybe?