Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author name difference

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mahmood (new)

Mahmood Yoosuf (mahmoodabdulla) | 17 comments Dear support,

My author name on Goodreads is 'Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla'. However my books are published under 'Dr. Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla'. Every time a new book comes out, Goodreads places them under author 'Dr. Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla', I have to keep messaging support asking them to add the new book my account 'Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla'.

Is it possible to change my author name on this account to 'Dr. Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla'?

Many thanks.

message 2: by Mahmood (new)

Mahmood Yoosuf (mahmoodabdulla) | 17 comments The following book is under 'Dr. Mahmood Yoosuf Abdulla', can you please add it to my account:

RATIONALE OF SHIA BELIEFS: From The Qur’an, Prophet’s Traditions And History (Shia Islam Book 3)

Many thanks.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Mahmood,

Goodreads does not allow for the titles to be included in authors name, so you will not be able to change it.

You do not however need to message support to have your books moved to your profile.

Please post in the 'Book Issue' folder in this group and any librarian will be able to do this quick fix.

I moved the book you listed to your profile.

message 4: by Mahmood (new)

Mahmood Yoosuf (mahmoodabdulla) | 17 comments Thank you.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42062 comments Mod
Mahmood wrote: "Dear support"

Please note that most threads in this group are not responded to by Goodreads staff members. They are responded to by our wonderful Goodreads Librarians -- who are volunteer users, not staff.

message 6: by Mahmood (new)

Mahmood Yoosuf (mahmoodabdulla) | 17 comments Ok