Book Cover Reviews discussion

Cover Resources (designers, etc. > Beautiful, affordable Pre-Made Covers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Ogle | 9 comments Hi everyone - I'm Mary Ogle, a professional artist and designer with over 20 years experience, and I've released a bunch of new pre-made covers at selfpubbookcovers.com/evisionarts.

message 2: by Harald, The Swimmer (new)

Harald | 398 comments Mod
Hi Mary,

Welcome. And feel free to comment on other submitted cover designs in the Cover Reviews section.

Harald Johnson

message 3: by Lane (new)

Lane | 3 comments Great book covers! Your thumbnails have a lot of energy.

Do you find that the script font works well for you? I've always gotten readibility feedback issues with cursive-style script fonts.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Ogle | 9 comments That's a good point to bring up. I find that it depends on the title. If it's short (like one word) you can get away with it. But I wouldn't recommend it for longer titles. It's really important to look at the image at a small size before deciding on the font because that's the first thing most people see when searching for a book.

I admit it's tricky when you're using a generic title for your pre-mades because for the final cover image so much depends on what the actual wording will be and it can be hard for people to visualize that.

message 5: by Harald, The Swimmer (new)

Harald | 398 comments Mod
Yeah, that's my Rule #1 of covers: review them SMALL like the thumbnails they'll be in most places. One really good place to see small sizes is in the Sponsored Books box just to the right of these posts (on desktop). If you can read 'em there, you can read 'em anywhere! ;-))