Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please Help Update A Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Luciani (kluciani) | 11 comments Hi, can you please help me? I want to change the book cover for Ruling the Mob, so I added a new edition with the new cover, but the old one is still showing up. Can you please assist? Thanks!

Littlebookterror | 44 comments done.

You don't have to add a new edition, you simply have to replace the cover image.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Luciani (kluciani) | 11 comments Thank you so much!!!!!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42487 comments Mod
Littlebookterror wrote: "You don't have to add a new edition, you simply have to replace the cover image."

That is only allowed if the cover in question has not been published.

Kristen, were any advanced copies sent out with the older cover?

message 5: by Kristen (last edited Aug 07, 2018 05:39PM) (new)

Kristen Luciani (kluciani) | 11 comments No, nothing was sent out with the older cover. It was a placeholder. I have another question though - this is book 2 of a duet and it is part of a larger series. How can I add a series and update the title to show it is Book 2 of the first duet in the series? I tried twice but the screen bounced me to my profile page. Thanks!

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 51 comments Littlebookterror wrote: "done.

You don't have to add a new edition, you simply have to replace the cover image."

I have something similar. I have a book called A silent Pursuit I can find the book but covers and ISBN-13 don't match. I don't know if it's a different edition or not. I hope you can help.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42487 comments Mod
Kristen wrote: "No, nothing was sent out with the older cover. It was a placeholder."

Thanks for confirming.

Kristen wrote: "I have another question though - this is book 2 of a duet and it is part of a larger series."

I suggest starting a new thread in the Serieses folder with links to the books in question, name of the series, and and other relevant information.

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Luciani (kluciani) | 11 comments Done! Thank you!

message 9: by Arenda (last edited Aug 07, 2018 11:04PM) (new)

Arenda | 20229 comments Littlebookterror wrote: "done.

You don't have to add a new edition, you simply have to replace the cover image."

Authors can't delete a cover image.

Also, when changing a placeholder cover to an actual cover (or for any other valid cover change) please leave a change comment mentioning why the cover was changed (at the bottom of the edit page, just above the "save changes" button).