Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Wrong author

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Betts (writerpainter) | 4 comments Hi all,
First timer here. I am part of the author programme and have just added my new novella to Goodreads but somehow managed to attribute it to another author with the same name...? How can I get the book to show on my page? I followed the link on my author dashboard to add the book so I am unsure how this happened.
thanks in advance
Christine Betts
The book is called Paris in a Day - Book 1 - Julie

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23775 comments Book moved to your profile.

FYI you are Christine^^^Betts, so 3 spaces between your names. This is how GR distinguishes between authors. So next time you add a book just add 3 spaces & it should turn up on your profile. And only you can see your Dashboard, so not sure how that works.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23775 comments Christine, is Julie available as an ebook at other sellers than amazon?
If it is I can add the kindle edition with the asin and if not I can change the ebook.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Betts (writerpainter) | 4 comments oh blimey!!! thanks i deleted those! how annoying. Do you know how to delete it from the other author's page?
Thanks again!! xx

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Betts (writerpainter) | 4 comments Sandra wrote: "Christine, is Julie available as an ebook at other sellers than amazon?
If it is I can add the kindle edition with the asin and if not I can change the ebook."

Only on amazon :)

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23775 comments I've already moved it to your page Christine. It will take a little while to disappear from her page due to caching, but if you look it says Goodreads Author next to your name, and she isn't a GR author.

Changed ebook to kindle & added the asin.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Betts (writerpainter) | 4 comments Oh wow, thanks so much! I really have to learn to use Goodreads properly! I feel there is a lot I am missing out on!
cheers Sandra!

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23775 comments :)