What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Anastasia Krupnik (Anastasia Krupnik, #1)
This topic is about Anastasia Krupnik
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult (middle school maybe?): family is moving because of baby sister, older sister (named Angela maybe?) makes a list of house requirements or else she won’t move - includes a tower bedroom which she gets. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 12 comments I believe this was part of a series. The book’s protagonist is an older sister and the family is moving because of the baby. I want to say she meets Gertrude Stein who turns out to live next door to the new house?

I remember her leaving handprints in the hallway to her bedroom as she grew up in the family apartment they’re leaving. She makes a list of qualities the new house has to have or else she won’t move in, which includes a tower bedroom - she thinks this is impossible and will prevent moving, but the dad finds a house with one.

I read this in the early 2000s, but it could have been older. I feel like the main character’s name was Angela, but I could be conflating that one with another favorite childhood thing!

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Anastasia Krupnik?

The name makes me think of Oh Honestly, Angela!, but the plot doesn't really match.

message 3: by bookel (last edited Aug 07, 2018 02:41AM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Anastasia again! By Lois Lowry. Anastasia Again!
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...
"moving to the suburbs"
"a tower room for Anastasia"

message 4: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 12 comments yes! thank you both!! this is it! Anastasia, not Angela.

Otasan | 6 comments Love Anastasia, her brother is a trip