#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2018 - Family Favorites > Day 2 of Reading!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
How's your reading coming along?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Wilson | 5 comments I just started today. I've only gotten about 110 pages into The Passage so far but I'm really, really enjoying it. Reminds me of Stephen King but more enjoyable for me.

message 3: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "I just started today. I've only gotten about 110 pages into The Passage so far but I'm really, really enjoying it. Reminds me of Stephen King but more enjoyable for me."

Did you see the T.V. Show Trailer?
If so Does it look like its sticking to the book so far?

The Book has been on my Never Ending Wish List for a while and I'm debating whether to push it up on my To-Read list before the show Premiers.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Wilson | 5 comments ke-sha wrote: "Amy wrote: "I just started today. I've only gotten about 110 pages into The Passage so far but I'm really, really enjoying it. Reminds me of Stephen King but more enjoyable for me."

Did you see th..."

The first 100 pages or so have mostly been introductions and exposition so far so it's hard to tell.
I've been told by others who've read the whole book that the trailer looks completely different and doesn't seem to be sticking to the book.
I'll let you know what if I think it looks similar when I get further.

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments It was quite warm and I was reading on my balcony, kept falling asleep...so I’ve only read 121 pages :(

message 6: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Read 53 pages of Uncanny Magazine Issue 20 January/February 2018 by Lynne M. Thomas and completed it, and then read 206 pages of Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6 by Hiromu Arakawa .
After FMA is finished, I'll be doing the challenge by reading The Rebels of Ireland (The Dublin Saga, #2) by Edward Rutherfurd .

Page count: 246
Finished: 1

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Wilson | 5 comments Not reading as fast as I'd like. I'm 300 pages into The Passage. I was hoping to finish it before the weekend but I'd have to read 225 pages a day and that doesn't seem to be happening lol.