Play Book Tag discussion

August 2018: Espionage > Agent 6 by Tom Rob Smith - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2220 comments This is the third and final in the series about Leo Demidov. At first, I wondered if I'd made a mistake because we start when Leo is a very young man and the story tells how he meets Raisa, the love of his life. In the other stories, we know Raisa and how they came about to adopt their two daughters. Then we leap ahead to the time that Leo leave the secret service and Raisa is settled in with her teaching. There is a big event, a music performance at the United Nations in New York City, Raisa is in charge and will be taking both girls. Leo will not be allowed to leave the Soviet Union.

The story gets very involved and leaps ahead years at a time, with Leo spending some difficult time in Afghanistan. Leo is a likable character although not necessary sweet or kind. He is loving though but he doesn't warm up easily, he can be gruff and very realistic. The story has a mystery, very personal to Leo. I can't give too much away about how we got here!

The story was good with lots of historical insight. I loved Child 44 and have continued the series based on that. The book is good, but Child 44 was the best of the series. I have read others of Tom Rob Smith and he is a good writer who involves the reader. The narrator was good, he had to do quite a lot of accents.

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5747 comments I really enjoyed this series as well. This one definitely fits with the espionage tag.

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5747 comments I did recommend the trilogy in the espionage thread.