Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Dream London
This topic is about Dream London
Book Cover Help > Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars Preview Dream London (The Dream World #1) by Tony Ballantyne

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Best | 333 comments I own a copy of this book: 1781081735 (ISBN13: 9781781081730)

Alternative cover: My copy is a second reprint and includes a blurb at the top of the cover. (or is the goodreads cover cut short?)

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Page count: 349 (big difference on this one)

Cheers
Steve

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24718 comments WorldCat has an edition with that isbn at 347 pages, also dated 2013. What have you got on the last 2 pages?

I'll add an alternative cover edition for you.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Best | 333 comments Sandra wrote: "WorldCat has an edition with that isbn at 347 pages, also dated 2013. What have you got on the last 2 pages?

I'll add an alternative cover edition for you."

Hi Sandra
The last 2 pages are the end of the book. The last line states THE END.
I'm also not 100% sure if it is an ACE. If you look closely at the ISBN edition it looks like the top of the book cover has been cut out, above the birds circling the tower. What do you think.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24718 comments No, there are many examples of the one that is posted here, and it is not unusual for there to be slightly different covers for the same book, especially as you said your copy was a reprint. Obviously they got a quote, after the first copy was printed, that they wanted on the cover.

349 it is.