Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Hartley Hi, I have a horror novel I´d like to have read and commented on. I´m not looking for in-depth criticism, just feeling feedback - and anything else which crops up. It´s a quick adult read.

I´m a trad published author who is going to self-pub horror novels under a pen-name.

The 45K word book is graphic but not gross-out and includes necrophilia, although this is not described in great detail. It has some sex scenes and lots of violence but is really a mystery/thriller story. I can send Word/Epub or PDF files - the book is ready to be read but the presentation of the manuscript will be revised at least once more before publication.

The book is set in the US and I would prefer a US Beta reader to have a look at it if poss. If not, a UK horror fan (I´m English).

Thanks!

James

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I would love read to your novel.

message 3: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Acosta | 4 comments I'm not from the US / UK but would love to read your work

message 4: by James (new)

James Hartley Jenny wrote: "I would love read to your novel."

OK, Jenny, great - send me an email to james@jameshartleybooks.com and I will send you a PDF.
Thanks for the offer!
James

message 5: by James (new)

James Hartley Cyril wrote: "I'm not from the US / UK but would love to read your work"

OK, Cyril - I can see you love books! Can you do the same? Can you send me an email to james@jameshartleybooks.com and I will send you an email with the PDF? Thanks!

James

message 6: by James (new)

James Hartley Jamie wrote: "I would love to give this a read for you. Feel free to PM me if you're still looking for beta readers."

Yep, Jamie - do you mind sending me an email to james@jameshartleybooks.com? Will send a PDF.

Thanks!!!

James

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments When you get back from vacation, please let me know that you got my email. I am having problems with it so I need to know if received my email.

message 8: by James (new)

James Hartley Jenny wrote: "When you get back from vacation, please let me know that you got my email. I am having problems with it so I need to know if received my email."

No, I got it Jenny. Many thanks!

James

message 9: by Gray (new)

Gray Holborn | 17 comments I'd be happy to give it a read if you need another pair of eyes =]

message 10: by James (new)

James Hartley Gray wrote: "I'd be happy to give it a read if you need another pair of eyes =]"

Yes, that would be great Gray - can you give me an email to send it to?

Sorry for the late reply, just back from holidays.