Gaston Library discussion

Monthly Reading Wrap Ups > July 2018 Monthly Reading Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 253 comments Mod
Hi everyone! Another month has come and gone and it's time for another monthly reading wrap up. And don't forget to finish your summer reading entries by August 25th!

This month I read...

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra- This was the Last Chapter Book Club book of the month. This book did take a while to get into and was hard to keep up with in many places. Overall It wasn't terrible though. By the end I was invested in the characters and their stories.

Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch- I loved Love & Gelato so much, that I had to grab this one too. I listened to it on audio. I think the audio added to the story, especially the guide book excerpts. This wasn't as good as Love and Gelato, but it was still good. I loved that romance wasn't as central to this story as Love and Gelato. I hope this author writes more!

What did you read this month? Be sure to share down below!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Cadi (new)

Cadi | 26 comments Hi Jessica!

I managed to read five books in July but two of them were children's books lol.

Jackdaws by Ken Follett. He's one of my favorite authors. This was about an all-female British team of undercover agents working with the French Resistance in WWII. Very good book.

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman. This is a children's book but Gaiman never disappoints me. One of the best storytellers around.

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman. This was the second children's book I read this month but I have the goal of reading everything that Gaiman has written. Very cute book with some awesome illustrations.

Spies of the Balkans by Alan Furst. He writes some great espionage novels and WWII is one of my favorite time periods to read about. Seemed a little slow in the beginning but by the end I was hooked.

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. I recently read Salt of the Sea by her and loved it so wanted to check out some of her other stuff. This didn't disappoint. Set in 1950 New Orleans with great character development.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 253 comments Mod
I've been working afternoons in the Children's Room at the Library, so I've been trying to read some more children's books myself. Honestly there are some great ones out there. Have you read Coraline? It's another Gaiman over here in the children's sections and I hear it's awesome.
I've been meaning to read some Ruta Sepetys as well. It's good to know you enjoy them. I love historical fiction, it's one of my favorites.

message 4: by Cadi (new)

Cadi | 26 comments Yes, I read Coraline a couple months ago. It's every bit as good as people say it is. I may be biased though because I love everything Gaiman has written.

And you should definitely check out Sepetys. The two I've read have been very good and I read a lot of historical fiction.