Japanese Novel and Light Novel Book Club discussion

Shintaro Mofujin
This topic is about Shintaro Mofujin
Promotion > Avid anime watcher/manga and LN reader starts writing Light Novels!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shintaro (last edited Sep 30, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Hello lovely LN reading community! Long story short, I'm someone who really enjoys reading light novels (You can find the rest in my introduction post or author's page!) and I want to channel that love into writing my own stories!

So far, two of my stories have been released as of this posting, how exciting!~

1) My Best Friend is Dense Harem Main Character-kun, But Why am I the Heroine?! Volume 1 : My debut light novel series: it is a romantic comedy story filled with lots of fluffy moments and goofy over-the-top characters! You know how most protagonists of harem series have like that one best friend who seems to care a little bit too much about their love life? (Think like Shu from Nisekoi) Yeah, so the main character is one of those and finds himself confuzzled one fateful morning when he wakes up as a cute girl! Trust me, it’s really cute and funny and I had a blast writing it! The 1st volume is out now and there will hopefully be many more to come, but the when depends on the support of you guys!
My Best Friend is Dense Harem Main Character-kun, But Why am I the Heroine?! Volume 1 by Shintaro Mofujin
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

2) I, Who Fell in Love with the Other You: Wish : Yet another fluffy rom-com story, but you already knew that… This one is ~26k words and standalone, however! Middle schooler Daisuke Takahashi is new to the city and it’s love at first sight when he meets that girl while walking towards the entrance ceremony. “There’s a saying that the first love never works out, and you know what? ...They were right.” Unlike my debut novel, it’s only $1.99 so why not give it a go?!
I, Who Fell in Love with the Other You Wish by Shintaro Mofujin
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

My stories are all available on Amazon as ebooks so you can read a sample by clicking on the “Look At” cover art without even logging in and on a mobile device! I believe you can read like 98% of Dense MC-kun’s 1st chapter (Admittedly the shortest chap out of 5 at about 7-8k words or so), how lucky!~ Also, those that have Kindle Unlimited can read everything for FREEEEEEE #sellout.

I also started writing a blog a few days ago to keep everyone in the know! It’s right here on GoodReads!
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

It has been quite the difficult journey, but I’m ready to take over the world with fluff! I love reading these kinds of stories, and writing my own has been a dream come true. I get teary-eyed whenever I see people reading, enjoying and talking about the novels that I wrote… I’m currently writing Volume 2 for my main LN series!

Despite being such a small niche, I want to prove that there are indeed people in the west that enjoy reading Light Novels and I hope you can all give my humble books a try! Please lend me your ENERGY!

message 2: by Shintaro (last edited Sep 30, 2018 12:18PM) (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Pretty exciting update! I have hired an official artist who will illustrate all of the artwork for my main light novel series! Such a talented artist and we're psyched to be working on this project together! The overhaul of Volume 1's cover just released yesterday and I'm currently writing the rest of Volume 2! Thank you for your support!

cover art

Read more on my blog here about the process if it intrigues you!
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 3: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1521 comments Mod
I like the new cover and am once again envious of an anime character's hair.

message 4: by Shintaro (last edited Oct 01, 2018 06:27PM) (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Selena wrote: "I like the new cover and am once again envious of an anime character's hair."

Hahaha, I agree Selena! My artist really exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier to be working with such a nice and talented person! It's unfortunate that we couldn't use the BG version that she made since it was so pretty, but it'll be put to use in the future! =) Also, don't we all? I'll even settle for side character hair at this point, just make it ANIME!

message 5: by Terrence (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 347 comments The new cover is excellent.

I'd love it if this became lucrative enough for English writers to get both a cover and an insert of that quality (to go with any good stories writers will put out hopefully). =]

I know I said I'd read this starting after the 15th, but we'll see what happens. Busy busy, but I'll try to make the time for at least a bit of it. x)

message 6: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Terrence wrote: "The new cover is excellent.

I'd love it if this became lucrative enough for English writers to get both a cover and an insert of that quality (to go with any good stories writers will put out hope..."

Thank you, Kirby-of-the-color-green-san! I hope so too! I totally can relate to not having much free time lately lol, no need to rush, take your time and read it whenever you feel like it. I'm more than grateful that you're willing to give my debut novel a chance!

message 7: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Merry Christmas, everyone! Yes, this Mofujin is still alive! I have returned with wonderful news on this special holiday of cheer and merry! Volume 2 of my debut light novel series is finally out for all to enjoy! Here's the new cover done by the official artist!

cover art 2

As a bonus, my biggest blog entry discussing the origins and influences behind Dense MC-kun's conception just went live! Read it here!~

message 8: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Hello, fellow readers of all things light novel! I am pleased to announce that Volume 3 is coming along nicely and is already 50% complete! Read it here!~

message 9: by Terrence (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 347 comments Keep up the good work! I know I always say I'm going to get to these, but I definitely hope to! Will keep supporting.

I think I'm going to support that other Western novel I saw on Twitter too (the Sister disappearing one). =)

message 10: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Long time, no see, everyone! I am pleased to announce that Volume 3 is finally out, wahoo! Read about the launch and what's to come in today's blog update!

Here's the new cover!~

cover art 3

message 11: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Greetings, everyone! Today’s announcement is especially exciting! The new version of my heartwarming short romance story, I, Who Fell in Love with the Other You just went live earlier today!

If you enjoyed Your Name, then this would be right up your alley!

cover art

As a bonus, I also wrote up a quick blog post, which you can read right here!

message 12: by Shintaro (new)

Shintaro Mofujin (shinmofu) | 22 comments Today, we celebrate the one year anniversary of my debut light novel series! The Official Artist did a special illustration to commemorate this momentous occasion!

special art

I also wrote a blog post with some details about Volume 4, if you're so interested!

message 13: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Alexander | 13 comments I just went for the free sample of your first book on Amazon. I look forward to reading it.