『 Ionia 』 discussion

Wintervale > The Stellato's Home

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) ((I'll add something later))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper strummed his cittern and hummed to himself. Sitting on the padded bench at the window sill in his bedroom, he waited patiently for Shigeru. Long ago, his parents had stopped bothering to feed him. After a while of his stomach snarling at him when he spent time with Shigeru, the boy had had enough of the sound and began bringing him food. It was never much as he insisted that he didn't want to essentially be stealing from Shigeru's parents, but it had become his main, if not his only, source of food. So he sat there, plucking a few chords quietly as he could, as to not wake The Beast that was his father. Humming softly, he stole a glance out the window into Shigeru's bedroom. He still hadn't finished his own meal downstairs with his family. Sometimes he envied Shigeru for having loving parents, but those days had passed for the most part. He was happy having Shigeru, and that was all he needed. Well, him and his music. Sighing and trying to ignore his aching stomach, he closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the wall, plucking a few more notes.

message 3: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru sat at the dinner table, listening to his father rant about his day. His mother and him laughed when he made a joke, and they were an overall, normal family. Once the family finished eating, Shigeru stood up. "I can take care of the dishes! You two should go relax." He said, smiling. Despite his mother frowning and offering to do them, Shigeru wouldn't let her. He collected all of the plates and silverware, and worked quickly. He washed the dishes, and looked at what leftovers they had. While it wasn't much, it would have to do. He grabbed a cloth and wrapped the food up with it. Shigeru would definitely have to clean that later, otherwise his mother would be angry. After taking care of the rest of the dishes, he dashed upstairs while yelling a quick 'goodnight!' to his parents. Shigeru closed his bedroom door, and quietly walked to the window and opened it. If he was too loud, he was sure his parents would wonder why he was still awake. "Jasper!" Shigeru whisper yelled cheerfully.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) The sound of Shigeru's racing feet up the stairs drew Jasper's attention. Chuckling softly to himself, he lowered his cittern to lean carefully against the wall and turned a bit so he was better facing Shigeru's bedroom. He smiled warmly upon hearing his name. "Hello," he greeted. There were times when he seemed too formal, and he was often teased about it by Shigeru's friends. But it just came with who he was. "Father is asleep. Is there any chance you can jump over here without making too much noise?" He knew full well that Shigeru could, but he found teasing him subtly to be a main source of entertainment for him. Their houses were so close together that there was almost no chance of one of them falling between the buildings. Considering the tall, slanting figures that were their homes, Jasper's and Shigeru's bedrooms leaned toward each other, only making the gap between the structures slimmer. And yet, there was a dare in Jasper's bright blue eyes. A spark of mischievousness. Maybe jumping into his bedroom wouldn't be all Jass had in store for Shigeru this night.

message 5: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((OOOOOH I THINK I LOVE JASS TOO))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) ((Lololol!!! Thank youuu!!! That's always my goal))

message 7: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru noticed the mischievous spark and grinned. He was intrigued for sure. After pretending to pout for a few seconds, he moved away from the window and grabbed his leather satchel. He carefully placed the food inside of it, and grabbed a few other basic items. Once he was ready, Shigeru's hazel eyes glimmered with excitement. He perched himself on the windowsill, and waited for Jasper to scoot out of the way. He jumped the small gap, and quietly climbed into his room. Despite Jasper's situation, Shigeru loved coming to his house. In general, Shigeru loved seeing Jasper. He rummaged through his satchel for a second, before pulling out the food he brought. "I hope this is alright!" Shigeru whispered, handing it to him.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper backed off the bench to make room for Shigeru the moment he saw the grin on the boy's face. Stepping away, he waited for Shigeru to be standing before him to say anything more. He accepted the food with a gracious smile. "Thank you, but put it back in your bag. We're not staying here tonight," he whispered, eyes still sparkling as he gently pushed the food away. His hand lingered on Shigeru's for a moment before he shifted back. Grabbing his cittern off of the floor and then quietly shuffling across the small bedroom to his bed, he picked up a bag he already had packed and gestured Shigeru over to the door. He put a long finger up to his grinning lips. "You must be very quiet, Shigeru. If my father wakes, we will be cooked for his midnight snack," he chuckled softly, though the warning was very real. He knew that, for all of his light-hearted talk, Shigeru understood how dangerous the threat his father posed. Sure, if Shigeru's parents decided to check on him and find his bedroom empty, he would get scolded. But if Jass' father woke while they were slipping out of the house, there was a chance Shigeru would be hurt in the cross fire, and that was the last thing Jass would allow. With caution, Jasper turned his doorknob slowly and slid carefully into the hall.

message 9: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru's big eyes widened in curiosity when Jasper spoke. After putting the food back into his satchel, he nodded. His cheeks were slightly pink, immediately noticing how the other boy's hand lingered, but he didn't try to hide it. "Alright." He said softly, with a determined nod. He ran a hand through his dark blonde hair, ruffling it a bit. He took one last glance towards the window before carefully, and quietly following behind Jasper. Many questions were running through his mind, but he trusted Jasper. Because he trusted him, none of his questions were voiced. Shigeru would just wait and see where they were going. Excitement bubbled up inside him, but he needed to force himself to be quiet and not speak. Shigeru did not want to be dealing with Jasper's father.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper was composed, his expression calm if not a bit serious, but when they tiptoed past his mother and father's bedroom, he reached back to grip Shigeru's hand. His own was trembling slightly. Only after leading Shigeru carefully down the creaky stairs without an incident did he release the tense breath he had sucked in when passing his father's door. Despite clearly losing his tension, Jass kept his hold on Shigeru's hand, even going so far as to intertwine their fingers. He looked over his shoulder at the boy and whispered, "We will go out of the back door. The fence doesn't creak nearly as much as the one in the front, and we need to go as quickly as possible. My parent's do not bother checking my room, but yours might notice you are gone. The further we are, the better." With that, he faced forward again and paced quickly toward the back of his home. There was a sudden, loud thump upstairs that made him freeze in his tracks, but feet from the door. His heart started racing. Footsteps leaving to the stairs forced Jass into action. Pushing Shigeru in front of him, he ripped open the door and forced the boy to run. There was little time for delicacy now.

message 11: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((question: is he running with shigeru?))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) ((Yes. He just pushed Shigeru in front of him))

message 13: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru took his hand gently, trying his best to reassure him. He squeezed his hand a few times, not expecting something bad to happen. His heart dropped immediately, and he turned towards Jass. Why? Why now? Shigeru thought, panicking slightly. He stumbled forward, gasping slightly. He caught himself before he could actually fall, and ran. Shigeru turned slightly to see where Jass was, and let out a sigh in relief when he was behind him. "Where are we going?!" He asked, slowing down a bit so he was running alongside Jass.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper pressed a firm hand to Shigeru's back when the boy dropped back to match his pace. "I will tell you once we are far enough!" he shouted over the sound of their feet and his heartbeat. He could hear the back door slam behind them and cringed inwardly at the sound, knowing full well that hell would be waiting for him when he returned home. That is, if he ever went back. Once they were a good ways from his father's rage, he slowed down, signalling Shigeru to do the same. He ducked them into a little alleyway, though he knew that his father wouldn't bother chasing him down. Leaning against the brick wall of one of the buildings that made up the alley, he raked a trembling hand through his hair. He laughed shakily, more so due to the adrenaline rush than amusement. After taking a moment to catch his breath he said, "The river. That is where we are going. I...have something important I must tell you, and I figured that it would be delivered better under a sky full of stars than in my bedroom." He chuckled again, this time offering Shigeru a smile. His eyes were dancing in the moonlight once more, though a hint of fear shadowed them. Licking his lips, as if he were nervous, he slung his bag over his shoulder and secured his cittern on his back before offering Shigeru his hand.

message 15: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru took a couple of breaths, and leaned on the wall next to him. He noticed Jass's behavior, and assumed he was nervous. Although, he didn't understand what he was so nervous about. Was Jass going to tell him something bad? Something worrying? Now Shigeru was nervous too. A million thoughts were running through his mind, but when Jass smiled, he smiled back. He took Jass's hand, and held it rather tightly. He felt somewhat paranoid that Jass's father would appear any second, but he tried not to let it show. "The river? Can we swim too?" He asked, his hazel eyes lighting up. Despite the terrifying situation the two of them were in, Shigeru was still his normal self, albeit a bit nervous. He started walking alongside Jass, almost tripping over his own feet.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper squeezed Shigeru's hand in an attempt to reassure him that everything was alright, but even he glanced around when they exited the alley before he began leading Shigeru to the river. He made an effort to slow his pace to seem relaxed. Shigeru's comment about swimming made him chuckle softly. "No, no. It's likely too cold to swim right now..." He paused. "We will check the water first. If it's warm enough, we will swim." He smiled brightly at the boy, intertwining their finger again. Despite how comfortable he seemed, the closer they got to the river, the more nervous he seemed. He fiddled with the strap on his bag, drummed his fingers on his chest, and glanced around. One could assume that the threat of his father finding them was the cause for his anxiety, but this night, it wasn't. What weighed on his mind was what he was meaning to tell Shigeru. He was worried how his friend would take it...

message 17: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru squeezed his hand in return, and smiled. "Yay!" He cheered in excitement. It was quiet cheer, just in case anyone unwanted was nearby. The night was rather peaceful. You could hear crickets chirping, and it only got louder the closer they got to the river. The moon was bright, and no clouds blocked the stars. Shigeru's voice softened when he spoke, "Jasper..If you're worried about your father, it'll be okay. Do you want to stay with me for a while?" He really didn't want Jasper to go back home after this. He didn't want to even think about what would happen to his dear friend.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper offered Shigeru a small smile. Smaller than those he had worn this night. "Your parents would notice me the moment I set foot in your house, Shigeru. Thank you, but...I couldn't," he replied softly. He squeezed the boy's hand and tugged on his arm a little, his smile widening. "We are almost there." With that, he moved his gaze forward. They wound through the thin tree line near the banks of the river. Normally, Jass would have led Shigeru closer to the stone bridge those in town used to cross the river when traveling. Many of Shigeru's friends stayed around the bridge, and it was strange that Jass led them, instead, away from the bridge. He gave Shigeru a little wink over his shoulder, hoping to ease any concerns he might have had being led away from the noise of the pub near the bridge and the people that came with it. Only when they were in a more secluded, quieter part of the river did Jass slow down. He came to a stop and then turned to Shigeru. The last thing his friend could see was a faint flow over his shoulders before Jass put a hand over his eyes. "No peeking," he teased, a smile in his voice. With careful instruction, Jasper led Shigeru a couple steps forward before stopping again. Keeping his hand over the boy's eyes, he slipped behind him, pressed close. "Alright..." He took a deep breath and then pulled his palm from Shigeru's eyes.

What sat before them could only be described and beautiful. Candles, fireflies in old jars, a blanket stretched out just a foot from the water's edge. There was a basket with bread and cheese, and even a bottle of old wine. In Shigeru's ear, after allowing the boy to process what he had set up, Jass whispered, "I know it is not much... I have been working for one of father's friends in town, at the bar near our homes. He assured me the wine was watered down, but seeing as he owns a bar, I doubt that means much." The quiet of the location, and the care that was clearly put into the whole display, made the pressing of Jass's body to Shigeru's back all the more intimate. Jass pretended not to notice, instead chuckling, "Do not fret. We won't drink much." He stepped away, practically skipping over to the farthest corner of the blanket, stepping over the bread basket. His eyes were warm, his voice for Shigeru alone. "Sit with me?"

message 19: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((omg this is so beautiful! props to you for literally making me feel like i'm there!!))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) (OMFG YAY, REALLY???)

message 21: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((YES))

Shigeru was worried, to say the least. Is Jass lost? He thought, wondering why they weren't heading towards the bridge. He glanced around nervously, and while he trusted Jasper, he couldn't help it. "I can convince them! I'm sure they'll allow you to stay!" He tried to argue. He knew Jasper still wouldn't accept his request, so he couldn't help but frown. He started walking faster when his arm was tugged on, but he was a bit reluctant to do so. When Jasper covered his eyes, he immediately questioned what was going on. "What-" He began, but cut himself off once he saw everything.

"You- You did this?" Shigeru asked, widening his eyes. He listened to Jasper explain, and he was beyond shocked. He shuddered a little when Kai's breath fanned against his skin, and a rose colored blush spread across his cheeks. Shigeru watched as Jasper moved over to the blanket, staring in awe. He snapped out of his thoughts and nodded when Jasper spoke. "When did you do all of this..?" Shigeru asked, as he sat down across from Jasper.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper smiled up at Shigeru, deciding to take the shock in his voice as a positive thing. "You need not know all the mechanics behind it. I just hope that you can enjoy it for it what it is," he responded, admiring the candlelight making Shigeru's eyes sparkle. He covered his lips with the tips of his fingers, giggling a little at the bright red blush on his friend's cheeks. Instead of outing him, he kept his teasing remarks to himself. This night wasn't about teasing. His brows lowered, his expression sobering the instant the thought entered his mind. In fact, this set up was more like an elaborate distraction. Smacking his cheeks gently to clear his head, he plastered a small smile onto his face, trying to keep himself in the moment for however long it lasted. "Thank you for bringing me food, again. I didn't know how to get us out of our houses before you went through the trouble," he apologized, smile becoming a bit more genuine as he spoke. "Would you like to break into the bread?" He picked up the squishy loaf from the basket, reaching for the cheese and setting it, on the little plate where it sat, on the blanket. His gaze was expectant but...wary. It was a strange feeling, one he'd long since gotten over when it came to Shigeru. And yet he couldn't help but think that his father hearing them leave was some sort of sign. The mere idea filled Jass to the brink with nerves... It would probably suit him better to start on the wine.

message 23: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "It's beautiful. I'm astonished by it." Shigeru admitted, and nodded. "It's alright. But, why go through the trouble? I-I mean, I'm sure you would probably benefit from having this food for yourself." Shigeru said, sounding a little worried. He decided to stop worrying so much, and enjoy the evening. After all, Jass still had something to tell him. He was curious as to what it was, and tried to figure it out on his own. Some of his thoughts led him blushing again, so he looked down at the bread as if to hide it. "I'd love to!" Shigeru replied, reaching for the loaf. He broke into it, and set the loaf back down. "So- Um.. What did you want to tell me?" Shigeru asked, smiling. While he was a bit of an airhead, the setting seemed very romantic. He blushed again, and his gaze drifted to one of the candles in embarrassment.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) (What were you thinkin', boy??? -_-)

Jasper's smile warmed as he watched Shigeru. His enthusiasm, even over something as simple as a blanket and candles, or even bread, was one of the things he loved about Shigeru. The way the boy looked in the dim light and the way his eyes shimmered was also lovely. Jass sat there, unabashedly staring at Shigeru, his head resting in his palm, his arm propped on his thigh. How could someone so bright and beautiful exist in his world? Jass' life was full of darkness and fear. Shigeru...he didn't belong. The thought and Shigeru's question, both reaching him at the same time, made him look away and frown. He leaned back on his arms for a second, tilting his head back to look through the tree canopy at the stars. Taking a deep breath, he straightened and then slumped forward, arms supporting him on his legs. His posture was different than it had been before. Now he looked bowed, his face was shadowed. He looked...scared. And sad.

"Well... I mean to tell you two things, really. One...I have been meaning to tell you for a long time, and the other... The other will be harder for me to say..." Jasper's voice was nearly a whisper. The crickets became a low hum, seeming to put him in the spotlight. Pressure weighed on his shoulders, until he had to lean back on his arms again so he could grip the blanket fabric and steady himself. "I'm scared," he laughed softly, his brief smile sardonic. He raked one hand through his hair before suddenly hiding his face with both of them. Doubling over on himself, he groaned into his palms. "I'm...sorry. I'm scared. I don't know where I should start..." His shoulders, outlined by the candles behind him, were trembling noticeably.

message 25: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((;]))

Shigeru's hazel eyes widened, and filled with what look like sorrow. He hated seeing Jasper look sad, and he didn't understand what exactly he was scared about. He remained quiet while Jasper spoke, waiting patiently. "There's no need to be scared! We've been close for so long, whatever you have to tell me can't be bad." Shigeru reassured him. The fact that Jasper was so scared made Shigeru nervous. He expected him to say the worst, and tried to emotionally prepare for it. Is he going to move away? He thought, his eyebrows furrowing slightly. He stood up, and stepped around the blanket so he was sitting cross legged next to Jasper. He put a gentle hand on his back, "Whatever you have to say won't affect anything. Please, don't be scared."

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper began shaking his head, but he couldn't hear Shigeru too well over the sound of his racing heart. He flinched at the touch of Shigeru's hand, barely managing to choke down a yelp. Glancing at the boy past the edge of his hand, he swallowed dryly. There was something in Shigeru's voice that made Jass feel worse for one of the things he was going to tell him. But that same something also pushed him to say the other thing, encouraging him to speak. He stared at his palms, which were now an inch from his face but still pressed to his forehead, and slowly tangled his fingers in his bangs. Sitting there, too frightened to even glance at Shigeru, he blurted, "I'm in love with you." He was so shocked at his own words that he didn't move for a whole minute. Then he groaned and hid his face again. "I did not want it to come out like that," he laughed at himself. His voice and body trembled all the harder. This was the easy bit he had for Shigeru tonight...

message 27: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((OH NO, ANGST))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) ((Honey, I am made of angst))

message 29: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru's face turned pink, and he remained silent as well. He was a bit shocked, and as he spoke, he stumbled over his words. "I- Um- I like you too!" He said, still blushing. While he didn't say he loved Jasper, Shigeru's love for him was obvious. He rubbed circles on Jasper's back, trying his best to calm him down before speaking up again. "What.. What's the other thing?" Shigeru asked nervously. He looked at Jasper, who was hiding his face still. He removed his hand from Jasper's back, and placed both of his hands on his lap. Shigeru nervously fiddled with the hem of his shirt, while waiting for him to speak.

message 30: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((big mood))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper's brows furrowed and he frowned. "You...took that relatively well, Shigeru," he mumbled, "I'm not really certain whether or not I should be concerned... How often have you been confessed to?" The thought lowered his eyebrows even further. He dropped his hands and looked sideways at Shigeru. "It even came out differently than how I had hoped... It was rushed. It was not passionate in the slightest, and yet you...just accepted it? Did...I stress over that for nothing?" He pressed a thoughtful finger to his down-turned lips, humming softly to himself. "Let me do this again. I'm...not exactly satisfied with your response." He clearly meant no offense to Shigeru and was honestly just thinking aloud. But as to be expected from someone who disliked those who were all-talk-and-no-action, he proceeded with his second attempt.

Jass put his weight on his left arm, the one closest to Shigeru, and turned to face the boy. He leaned close, nearly over him, and then cupped Shigeru's cheek with his free hand to keep him from fleeing. His cheeks were flushed, but his eyes were strangely confident and sincere. Stroking Shigeru's cheek with his thumb, he pressed even closer until he was certain the boy would be able to feel it when he spoke. "I love you, Shigeru." He smiled and lightly nudged the tip of Shigeru's nose with his own. "Does that warrant a better reaction, Shigeru? I was all frightened to tell you and then I get an 'I like you' and a subject change?" It was obvious that he wasn't annoyed at Shigeru, but more so irritated with himself. He'd gotten so worked up, and though he also had something else to tell the boy, which was much worse, the anti-climactic reaction did make him feel a bit over-dramatic.

message 32: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru listened to him talk to himself, but how was he supposed to react?! He was expecting Jasper to say the worst, and it ended up being a confession! While Shigeru was happy, his brain had gone on autopilot before the confession. He looked up at Jasper, who now had a hand cupping his cheek. Shigeru was more than flustered to say the least. He never expected to be so worked up by a simple confession. It felt as if butterflies were fluttering throughout him, and his face felt like someone lit it ablaze. He was expecting Jasper to kiss him or something, but when his warm breath fanned against his face as he confessed, he felt even more embarrassed. Once Jasper finished, Shigeru's hands flew up to his face that could only be described similarly to a tomato. His heart was pounding, and now he was the one that was worked up. "I- Yeah i-it does!" He said, his voice a lot higher than normal. Shigeru completely forgot about the other thing Jasper had to tell him. He removed his hands from his face, and glanced at Jasper. He could barely maintain eye contact before he blushed for what was the thousandth time that night, and glanced down at the bread.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper smiled, chuckling softly at Shigeru's reaction. It was more like what he had hoped for the first time, though he definitely enjoyed it more when he could see Shigeru's red face. The boy was absolutely adorable. In fact, he had captured Jass' every thought and the other thing he had to tell him completely slipped his mind. All that mattered in the moment was Shigeru and that precious blush on his cheeks. A bright one growing on his own face, Jass moved the hand on Shigeru's cheek to his chin, gently moving his head so their gazes would meet. "Shigeru," he began, sucking in a breath when his eyes unintentionally drifted to the boy's lips, "may I kiss you?" His voice came out as a whisper, but when he had asked the question, he was looking Shigeru in the eyes, which is all that mattered to him. He wanted Shigeru to know that his feelings were genuine and not just lust. The question itself said that and more.

message 34: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru had eventually calmed himself, only for Jasper to ask another question. He wanted to hide at this point. He had never felt so embarrassed and at the moment, he doubted he could think straight. No part of him thought Jasper would confess to him that night, let alone ask to kiss Shigeru! If anything, Shigeru thought he'd be the one confessing. Yet here he was, practically melting under Jasper's touch. He only had a hand on his chin, too. Shigeru was probably being dramatic, but he couldn't help it. "O-Of course." He said, his hazel eyes sparkling. His cheeks were dusted with a shade of crimson, and he finally held eye contact with Jasper.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper waited patiently for Shigeru to answer him, waited for their eyes to meet before smiling warmly. "Thank you," he whispered and then closed the distance between them. As he pressed his lips softly to Shigeru's, his hand slid slowly up the boy's jawline, putting just enough pressure that he didn't tickle him. He moved his lips a bit, kissing the boy again and again until he was a bit breathless. Even then, he didn't lean back. He instead pressed light kisses down Shigeru's opposite jawline, nuzzling lovingly into his neck and then giving his shoulder a gentle peck. Slowly trailing back up, he brushed his nose along Shigeru's pulse, smiling against the boy's skin when he felt it racing. "You could not possibly know how long I have wished to do this," he whispered as to not ruin the moment. His thumb gently stroked Shigeru's skin where his hand remained on the boy's cheek. "Though I messed up at first... I hope you understand that my feelings for you are sincere. And...I hope you can forgive me for tonight." His voice grew sad toward the end, but he pressed his face snugly against Shigeru's neck, not wanting the boy to pull away. "I will tell you... Just allow me to hold you, and...please promise me that you will let me explain... You must promise, or I will not tell you."

message 36: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru himself was breathless. He could hear his heart beating, and he felt like it'd never stop. The moment was amazing- almost magical to Shigeru, and he never wanted it to end. When Jasper spoke, he couldn't help but smile. That is, until Jasper started to sound melancholic. He wrapped his arms around him, as a means of comforting the other boy. "I-I promise that I'll let you explain." Shigeru said, sounding both confused and worried once more. A feeling of dread bubbled in his stomach, spreading through him like the blood in his veins. "What's going on?" He asked quietly.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper took a shaky breath. Shifting his legs so Shigeru was between them, he wrapped his arms around the boy, not wanting him to pull away. He pressed his lips to Shigeru's collarbone before nuzzling into his neck again, effectively hiding his face. "I...I'm leaving...," he whispered. His arms tightened around Shigeru, both to keep him there and also just to try and keep himself from crying. He allowed the information to sink in before continuing. "Father has...gotten worse... Mother has grown more distant and... I just don't believe in myself enough to remain in that house. I'm terrified to go back there tonight... I promise I won't go far, and I will come and see you as much as I can, but... Staying here is killing me, Shigeru." What he didn't mention is that his father would likely try to kill him when he returned home after his time with Shigeru. It wasn't just a possibility anymore like it had been in the past. If he stayed in that house much longer, he might very well be signing his own death certificate.

message 38: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru widened his eyes, unable to hold back the gasp that escaped from his lips. He was shaking slightly, trying to hold back the tears that he knew were going to fall at any moment. "T-This isn't fair!" Shigeru sobbed, his hold on Jasper tightening. "Why can't you stay with me?" He asked, feeling the warm tears roll down his cheeks. It was heartbreaking to have to hear such things. Nobody should have to leave their own home because of their parents, especially not Jasper. "Can't..Can't we run away together?" Shigeru suggested desperately. It felt horrible to have such a bombshell dropped on him after learning Jasper's true feelings. How would Shigeru even know if Jasper would be safe going home? A small part of him wished that Jasper didn't confess. At least, not that night. If he hadn't confessed, maybe the two of them would've stayed in his room. If they stayed in Jasper's room, maybe the worry about his father would have lessened.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) It took all of Jasper's effort not to cry. He ran his fingers through Shigeru's hair, allowing him to say what he needed to before responding. "Your parents love you very much, Shigeru. I cannot take you from them. I know it isn't fair, and I apologize for making it worse by confessing my feelings..." He trailed off, not able to finish as tears choked him off. His arms tightened around the boy, holding him as close as physically possible and then some. The sobs he held back shook his body harder. He had so much more to tell him. That he hadn't wanted to leave without Shigeru knowing how he felt, as he needed to know if the boy felt the same. That this was the one selfish act he'd ever performed and it was ripping open his heart to leave Shigeru. That he hoped there would be days in the future when he could just lie in bed and hold Shigeru and never have to let him go. But all he managed to do was choke back his tears and whisper, "Lie down with me...?" All he wanted to do was be with Shigeru, but staying with him, staying in his home...it was dangerous. To be away from Shigeru and stay alive was better than being murdered by his father directly next door to Shigeru where he would likely hear all of it go down. For now...laying with his best friend until dawn would suffice. For now.

message 40: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru didn't hold anything back. He openly cried, to the point where he couldn't cry anymore. "You wouldn't take them away from me. You don't have a reason to apologize." He finally said, his voice shaky. He himself felt like the selfish one. He didn't want Jasper to leave, but he also didn't want Jasper to be in danger. It was tearing him apart from the inside out, but he let Jasper continue. When he eventually cut himself off, Shigeru hugged him tighter than before. "I'm sorry that I can't do anything to help." He said softly, his voice cracking. I'm sorry I've been so useless all of these years. Shigeru thought, before nodding. "Of course." He replied. The feeling of dread he had felt before was proven correct. He wished that this was all a dream- that Jasper's parents weren't horrible, that Jasper didn't have leave. If that meant being confessed to was a dream as well, Shigeru would still accept it. Much to Shigeru's dismay, he was stuck in this terrible reality.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) Jasper pulled back just enough to look at Shigeru. He smiled a sad smile and then gently kissed away the boy's tears. Remaining silent, he removed an arm from Shigeru to put the bread and cheese back in the basket and then move that to the ground beside the blanket. He even slid his cittern onto the dirt just so they would have enough room on the blanket. Scooting backward and taking Shigeru with him, he lied back on the blanket. He rolled onto his side so he could face Shigeru and gently stroke the boy's cheeks. "I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice pained.

message 42: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru lied on his side, unable to look Jasper in the eyes. "Just- Please," He began, almost begging him. "Stop apologizing." His bottom lip quivered as he spoke, and as much as he tried to keep himself from crying even more than he had, the reality everything came crashing down. His emotions were let loose into a mess of of silent sobs, that had his whole body. He didn't want to lose his best friend, but it was inevitable. Shigeru moved closer to Jasper, resting his forehead on the latter's chest. His breathing had steadied and the shaking had stopped, but the tears were still streaming. This was the worst night of his life.

((am i making him too dramatic? i feel like this is an appropriate reaction,, but yeah))

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) (A little dramatic, but totally called for, don't worry)

Jasper fell silent, simply stroking Shigeru's hair and holding him close. A strange numbness settled over him. After choking back his tears, he found that they refused to rise. Shigeru crying was enough for tonight, his subconscious seemed to decide, thus shutting down all tear productions. He instead focused on comforting his love as best he could. "Shigeru... I love you," he whispered, kissing the top of the boy's head. "I will never be far." With that, he hugged the boy as close as possible and let his eyes fall shut. He nuzzled into Shigeru's hair, breathing in his scent as if he would forget it the moment they lost contact. After about a half hour of holding the boy close, his grip started to slacken. He was dozing off. Shigeru knew from the nights they would spent cuddling that first Jass' grip would loosen. And when he slipped into a deeper sleep, his arms would tighten. It was only a matter of time before he was hugging Shigeru as close as possible all over again.

message 44: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru remained quiet, snuggling into Jasper's arms. When he knew that Jasper was asleep, he closed his eyes. It took him a while, but he eventually fell asleep as well. Even with Jasper hugging Shigeru, he tossed and turned for most of the night. He had a pleasant dream despite this. While it was a basic dream, and definitely something that wouldn't happen in the near future, he enjoyed it. The two of them- Jasper and Shigeru were exploring the other kingdoms, living life as a couple. Shigeru could only dream of a life like that right now.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) ((DON'T WORRY BBY, IT'LL HAPPEN BECAUSE I SAY SO))

Jasper slept lightly the entire night, both due to Shigeru's tossing and turning and the constant, creeping fear that his father would somehow find them. It was nearly dawn when he finally woke. For a moment, he allowed himself the pleasure of looking down and seeing Shigeru in his arms. Then he coaxed him awake by covering his face, neck, hair and anything he could reach, with gentle kisses. Once Shigeru was awake enough, he stood them up so he could pack up the things he'd set out the night before. Luckily the candles hadn't blown out so he had a bit of light to work in. After hiding the basket, with the blanket and food inside, behind a thick bush, he set the bag he'd brought with him and even his cittern in a bush a ways down. The bag and instrument were hidden better than the basket, in a hole as well as covered by the bushes. He needed the bag, as it had some food and money in it as well as a change of clothes and a cloak. But he hid the cittern because he didn't trust his father wouldn't break it upon seeing him come home. Once he was sure the two were out of sight, he blew out the candles, set free the fireflies and took Shigeru by the hand.

message 46: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((YAYAYYAYAY))

Shigeru opened his eyes slowly, only to see Jasper. The events of the night before came back to him, causing a gloomy frown to appear on his face. "Where are you going to go..?" Shigeru asked, watching as Jasper got to work. While Jasper had said multiple times that he'd be close to Shigeru, he wouldn't believe it just yet. He trusted Jasper, sure, but this was something he needed to see to believe. Shigeru held Jasper's hand, following behind him. "Do you need any more money?" He asked. "Or food. Anything, just say the word and I'll try to provide it." Shigeru said, stubbornly.

Shigeru definitely need to do something before the two parted ways, and he already decided what it would be.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) (I know, Shigeru. You both need a really long make out session, I understand)

Jasper sighed softly. He could tell by Shigeru's tone alone that he would accept nothing but a solid answer. "If I'm being quite honest, I am not exactly certain yet. I was never planning on disappearing the day after telling you I need to leave, Shigeru." He squeezed Shigeru's hand and then brought it up to his lips, kissing his knuckles lovingly. "I need nothing from you. I only want you to believe in me. And understand that I care for you above all else and will do everything in my power to remain close to you," he said softly, smiling as warmly as he could at the boy with the inevitable threat of his father loomed over his shoulders. He led Shigeru back to their homes slowly, as they had at least another forty or so minutes of darkness left before the sun began rising.

message 48: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((lolol))

Shigeru nodded, his eyes downcast. "I understand..If you ever do need anything though, do not hesitate to ask or I'll be very unhappy with you." He said, trying his best to smile despite the fact that they were parting ways now. He wanted to go with Jasper into his home, to keep him safe from his father if he were awake. To do something to help him. Shigeru sighed softly, and looked at Jasper. "Before you go, I have something for you." He said, a blush that couldn't be seen spreading faintly across his cheeks.

hairyfurnacedemon (hairy_furnace_demon) (Called it)

Jasper looked up at his house, brows narrowed in fear but eyes determined. He's confessed to Shigeru. He had a bag ready to go and the beginnings of a plan. He was going to get out of that house. He needed to because a lovely future with Shigeru depended on it. Turning to the boy and lovingly caressing his cheek, he tilted his head curiously. "What is it?" he questioned, smiling despite being clueless. Shigeru was just too adorable when he was blushing.

message 50: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Shigeru looked at Jasper for a few seconds, and took a deep breath. "Close your eyes." He said, and smiled in satisfaction when he did so. He pulled Jasper down to his level, and planted a soft kiss on his lips. It was a sweet kiss, one that wasn't too aggressive. He pulled away, looking up at Jasper through his lashes. He wanted to kiss more, but he knew the sun would rise soon. He didn't want to compromise Jasper's plan.

« previous 1 3