Chicago Authors discussion

Introductions > Say Hello

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pauline (new)

Pauline | 57 comments Mod
Hello, I'm Pauline, I live near Chicago and write books about the law, particularly ways to distribute your estate.
My website is
Paulinelaw.com

message 2: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 30 comments Pauline, I love the photo you selected. It's so Chicago!

My chief influences came from my mother who wrote a column for The Beverly Review and the education I received in Chicago grade and high schools which was superior.

I write fiction primarily. Please visit: www.giftcounselorbook.com for more information. Comments, questions and book reviews are welcome. I also like to play piano and draw.

message 3: by Pauline (new)

Thank you Sheila. That was taken from the Arbitration Center on LaSalle Street. I also have ones with the L train, and ice in the river.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lilly | 7 comments Hello, I'm Lisa. I write suspense, mystery, and supernatural thrillers, as well as books on writing craft. My latest novel is the start of a new series set in Chicago, so it fits right in here. I also wrote one stray book on the U.S. Supreme Court.

I live in the South Loop/Printers Row area and would love to meet other Chicago-area writers.

Websites: https://lisalilly.com/
https://www.writingasasecondcareer.com/

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lilly | 7 comments Pauline wrote: "Thank you Sheila. That was taken from the Arbitration Center on LaSalle Street. I also have ones with the L train, and ice in the river."

Hi, Pauline, just curious, are you an arbitrator? I am one for Cook County so I'm in the building a few times a year. If I get a room with a window next time, clearly I need to look at the view.

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick Lunkenheimer | 5 comments My name is Rick Lunkenheimer and I published a non-fiction book about disability earlier this year and will be publishing my first novel at the end of this month.

www.sittingdisability.com
www.antonleerichards.com

message 7: by Pauline (new)

Lisa wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Thank you Sheila. That was taken from the Arbitration Center on LaSalle Street. I also have ones with the L train, and ice in the river."

Hi, Pauline, just curious, are you an arbi..."

Yes, I am. The windows look down on the CTA elevated tracks. Great pics but trains only stop when I am late for arb, not when I want to take a picture.
Pauline
tp://bit.ly/2PgQIOj Merchandise Mart art is 9/29/18.

message 8: by Pauline (new)

Rick wrote: "My name is Rick Lunkenheimer and I published a non-fiction book about disability earlier this year and will be publishing my first novel at the end of this month.

www.sittingdisability.com
www.an..."

Rick:
When you write under a pen name, do you have multiple media accounts, like twitter and facebook?
Pauline

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Bieniek | 18 comments Hi, I'm Matt Bieniek and I write what I like to read, which is usually genre fiction. My stories are primarily character-driven light mystery and suspense.

My current project is a story set in 1925, about two young women who have an airplane and are barnstorming across the country. It's an homage to the serials of the 30s and 40s, so every chapter ends in a cliffhanger!

Along with my writing projects, I am the coordinator of the Tamale Hut Café Writers Group, which is beginning its seventh year of monthly meetings. I'm also a regular at the Berwyn Library writers group.

My web site is www.storiesbymatt.net, and if anyone is interested in our writers group, we have a site at thcwritersgroup.wordpress.com with all the details.

message 10: by Rick (new)

Rick Lunkenheimer | 5 comments Pauline wrote: "Rick wrote: "My name is Rick Lunkenheimer and I published a non-fiction book about disability earlier this year and will be publishing my first novel at the end of this month.

www.sittingdisabili..."

Yes, I create one gmail for each pen name and use it to create one of each social media site except for Facebook, where I create a business page for each pen name/book.