#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2018 - Family Favorites > Day 1 of Reading!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
How is your first day of reading going?

Did you start early?

message 2: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Estherby | 1 comments I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier which is one of my Mum's favourites! 50 pages in and really enjoying it :)

message 3: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 240 comments I was finishing up from Booktubeathon tonight but I think I’m going to hold off on starting official tbr stuff until the morning. I did read Eloise in Moscow and Eloise at Christmas time after midnight though so two books in already lol!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments Should be working but we only have 2 beautiful warm days of sun left so I took them off. Will be finishing Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight today hopefully (after I finish my household chores) + continue with The Alienist. Wednesday I hope to get The Iliad/The Odyssey from the library.

message 5: by ke-sha (new)

Was at a work meeting ALL day. Then ran a few errands played a game with my sister and now like the old woman I am. I'm going to bed Lol

Hoping to start The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur and read some before falling asleep. It wasn't in my Original TBR but Needs to be returned to the Library soon so #Priorities

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I ended up starting Children of Blood and Bone over the weekend. I read about 100 pages today and I’m a little more than halfway through. I’ve been listening to the audiobook while I play Pokémon Go and Our World, so it’s taking me awhile to get through it. The audiobook is over 8 hours long, and that’s listening on 2x speed.

message 7: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 386 comments I'm in the middle of 4 books but the plan was to read The Son of Neptune and The Song of Achilles
Will start one of them once I finished one of the four books I'm currently reading.
No my family did not get to pick any of them x) they are either not readers or only read crime detective novels...

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments I finished Orange the Complete Collection volume 1 and started Saga Volume 7

message 9: by ke-sha (new)

Amber (bookstacksamber) wrote: "I ended up starting Children of Blood and Bone over the weekend. I read about 100 pages today and I’m a little more than halfway through. I’ve been listening to the audiobook while I play Pokémon G..."

I've heard great things about Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi . You think it's worth all the Hype?

message 10: by ke-sha (last edited Aug 07, 2018 06:06PM) (new)

BlurryBug wrote: "I'm in the middle of 4 books but the plan was to read The Son of Neptune and The Song of Achilles
Will start one of them once I finished one of the four books I'm cur..."

Yeah, I just asked my sister what one of her favorite books was (wasn't' sure what genre she would pick. She reads but it's not often our reading taste align) BUT I figured I could veto her choice if it was that bad Lol but one of the books she recommended was Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton and I've been wanting to read more Classics and it's short and I already own it on Kindle so I'll try and pick it up soon.

Yay too "The Son of Neptune" & "The Song of Achilles". I loved both and I've been wanting to get my own copy of "The Song of Achilles".

Happy Reading :)

message 11: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Read 32 pages of Uncanny Magazine Issue 20 January/February 2018 by Lynne M. Thomas and 155 of Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6 by Hiromu Arakawa .
Neither really are for the theme or challenge (though I think FMA kind of counts since I know so many who love it).

Page count: 187
Finished: 0