What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Shifter Romance. Human male sitting outside his mountain cabin, sees female shifter, thinks she's a regular cougar, nicknames her Mellencamp. Shifter may be loner. Read 2000-2010.

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments From what I can remember, the book opens with a guy sitting outside his mountain cabin, and he sees a cougar sitting on the rocks above him (near him?). I think he's been away, possibly on a mission, but don't quote me on that. I don't remember much about the guy. He thinks it's a regular cougar, doesn't realise it's a shifter. I think he maybe nicknames her Mellencamp, after the singer. It's told from the guy's point of view, at least at first. Maybe he leaves food for her?

I don't think she's part of a shifter community, but rather running wild as a cougar, but can't remember why.

That's all I can remember. Sorry! I know it's not much. It's been a while since I read the book. I think I read it between 2000-2010.

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Bumped.

message 3: by Shivani (last edited Sep 23, 2018 08:20AM) (new)

Shivani | 14 comments The only female shifter romance I know of is The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf and she's a wolf.

Have you tried this listopia of human male mates: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1....

Good luck!

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Thank you, I checked out that book and the list you linked, but no luck. Will keep looking!

message 5: by Shivani (new)

Shivani | 14 comments Okay, could it be Golden Eyes by Maya Banks? The female shifter is a cheetah though.

message 6: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments It’s not Golden Eyes, I have that book and have read it multiple times. Very similar though, I think. Thank you for the suggestion!

message 7: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 225 comments Could be Stray by Rachel vincent

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Thank you, it’s not Stray but I appreciate the suggestion.

message 9: by Elle (new)

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Bumped

message 11: by Elle (new)

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam | 4 comments Could it be any of the books listed in this https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 13: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Thank you so much for the suggestion, but it's not in that discussion. I did find another one to read though! Ha ha!

message 14: by April (new)

April | 37 comments The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong?

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments I don’t think so, as the one I’m looking for has a female living in cougar form and the man unaware that she’s a shifter. But thank you for the suggestion!

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily | 16 comments Are you sure the main guy is a human? If not, it could be The Awakening

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Thanks Emily, I read the sample on Amazon and I’m sure I haven’t read that book before, so that can’t be it. Thank you so much for the suggestion though!

message 18: by Elle (new)

message 19: by Elle (new)

message 20: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Bump

message 21: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
A long shot - Amber Eyes by Maya Banks?

message 22: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Thanks Kris, it's not that one but I have read Amber Eyes multiple times. It's a similar scenario I think. :)

message 23: by Elle (new)

message 24: by Elle (new)

message 25: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 26: by Elle (new)

message 27: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments Bump.

message 28: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1430 comments Is there a chance it’s ménage?

message 29: by Elle (new)

Elle Schroder (elleschroder) | 51 comments MJ wrote: "Is there a chance it’s ménage?"

Yes, it's possible. I really don't remember anything of the book beyond the opening scene where he sees her (leaves food out for her?) and nicknames her Mellencamp. And with no luck finding it, now I'm beginning to question that too! But it's not Amber Eyes by Maya Banks.

message 30: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1430 comments No worries, I’ll keep an eye out for the book I’m thinking of.

message 31: by Elle (new)

message 32: by Elle (new)

message 33: by Elle (new)